Author Topic: DSL shoulder button  (Read 2130 times)

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
DSL shoulder button
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »
my friends shoulder button doesnt work. he dropped it from his pocket and it just doesnt respond. ie the case and sping are perfectly fine but the button itself has no effect when pressed. i took it apart had a look and its looks perfectly fine, none of the soldering has come loose either. btw its the R shoulder button.
any ideas what it is? it definatly isnt the case so please refrain from saying that.
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: DSL shoulder button
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
The problem is the switches Nintendo used tend to wear out over time you can get replacements, I am ordering some more soon if you want I could get you one just let me know

Offline Morpheus2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Jah Love
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
its probly the metal pin/spring that makes the shoulder button sring back after you press down on it

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
its probly the metal pin/spring that makes the shoulder button sring back after you press down on it

He said its not the spring or the case so the only thing it could be is the button.

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:55:29 PM »
thanks heaps rocky. as for the replacement its ok but thanks alot for offering, my soldering iron is too big for that...
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline The Compiler

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
Before you try to repair it, simply try to clean up dust between the button and the ds with a damped cotton bud. You have to clean with the bud, blow into the spaces, and so on, until it's really no dust there. That helped for me. Then he should buy a small bag/case for the ds, so less dust can get into the spaces.

Florian

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »
Well I tried that when I disassembled, and it didn't do much, cept my make my buttons look clean =D. I usually think it's how well closed up the DS is. I sometimes I have to open it a little bit and leave it that way so that the button doesn't get cramped up.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »
Since you said he dropped it, it possibly could have broken off the connections.  you might be able to fix it soldering it back on if thats the case

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal