Author Topic: USB pendrive adapter  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
USB pendrive adapter
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
would it work if i reverced the use of a memory stick adapter to use it as a usb pendrive adapter for the psp. I mean to dummy a memory stick by removing the internals, then connect it to a memory stick card reader and connect a female usb plug on the other side?

i got the idea rite after buying a 16gb pendrive, would be easier to bring one of those than 8 2gb cards.

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: USB pendrive adapter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
No, it won't work.  It's different types of buses and USB needs a Host and Client to work. Please search this site for more information.  This question has been answered many times.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
hey man i havent seen you post since i joined the site when the HDD Mod with the ipod was done by PvP.
But to get on subject we are under the process of completing PvP's idea. He said he almost had the second revision of the HDD mod done but due to some personal prob's he has left for a season. so other members have taken up the cross out of prue un patience to get his idea done.(and knowing if he did the same thing with the first HDD mod no one whould be able to do the mod with out a tut.)
 and it involves using any HDD or Pen Drive on the PSP. but the MS will not work at all due to the limitations it has. so the usb port still is the best way.
knowing you have a good idea on doing mods and have help from your prof. then ma bey you could help out the guys doing the HDD mod.

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
Quote from: gameking21
hey man i havent seen you post since i joined the site
probably cos i haven't been so active lately, been helping making the gathering and stuff :)

Quote from: gameking21
knowing you have a good idea on doing mods and have help from your prof. then ma bey you could help out the guys doing the HDD mod.
i guess im not the dullest knife in the drawer cos i have school education on electronics, antenna and computers and stuff, but i don't think i can compare my self to people like pvp and others like him. I dont know if the guys who are doing the HDD mod would want my help, but i guess i could try to give em some help if they wanted. though i think i read some where here, yesterday, that pvp was working on the mod again.

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
i heard only pvp knew how to program it so the psp reconized it

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
yesterday, that pvp was working on the mod again.
really were did you hear that from?
 are you sure that it was PvP that said he could only get it to show up because i though it was some other dude that is working on the project.

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
i heard only pvp knew how to program it so the psp reconized it

all u need is ahmens irshell and u need to partition what ever drive ur using with maby partition magic or any other software thats how u can get the ipod hd to work as a slave remember its all partitioning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal