Author Topic: A word of caution... (Another Update)  (Read 14803 times)

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: A word of caution... (Another Update)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 10:58:34 AM »
sorry to bring up an old thread but i thought u guys might like to know they have replacements for the slim now. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10158
they are $39 US and include shipping.

this is a quote from deal xtremes slim screen listing:

"* Bright/dark spots (aka dead pixels) disclosure: as is the case with many original PSP screens, these LCD screens *may* suffer from a few dead pixels. This is not covered by warranty. In the meantime we do our best to test and ship perfect screens."

Offline DarkSushi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 11:47:43 PM »
well i drop my psp slim just about 12 inchs from my bed and it fine no scrach of malfunctioning  :dribble: :hifive: :cool:

Offline Professor Fate

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • All your base are belong to us
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
you can always get a case like this ;)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/psp_playstation_portable/devices/305&cl=us,en
it's for the phat but it should work for the slim.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »
man anyone have a spare LCD screen. PLsPLs :huh: :huh: :huh: :beg:

Offline Grimoire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »
Guess its what you do with what you got. Ive dropped my slim 4 or 5 times in the past week alone. As of yet (Knock on wood) I dont even have a scratch. What I do have is a slight nick in the trigger from the soldering Iron and another on the wrap handle. Hardly noticable. All the times it was dropped I put it on the couch arm, which is a good 3 to 4 feet off the ground, and I get up, get a drink, sit down and the damned thing always seems to slip off. BLAMMO, carpet salad. Pick it up, blow off the dog hair, and continue gaming. So, I wouldnt NOT get a slim from this alone. I still suggest it. Ive also got a baddass metal case for it, so when I do travel, if I do drop it from my hotel room again, I wont worry as much. That was a stressfull 3 flight run!
Oh, heres where I got my second Metal Case it fits like a dream. Put my headphones under the PSP, put the ear buds in the small holes above the triggers, holds all 4 of my DUO's and 3 games easily.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:42:37 PM by Grimoire »

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
bla bla bla that still doesn't help us that need a screen just helps when we do get a replacement. lol

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
dude thats crazy i droped my phat like 3 metres down some stairs onto tiles and its still chuging on :victory: (admitadly with a broken wifi board tho :cry2: )
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 04:40:30 AM »
dude thats crazy i droped my phat like 3 metres down some stairs onto tiles and its still chuging on :victory: (admitadly with a broken wifi board tho :cry2: )
ive thrown my old psp down my stairs and it still works i had a clear case on and i saw that the h thingo the metal thing behinfd wifi moved so that pissed me off so i just took it out and didnt but it back in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal