Author Topic: Why use LM386?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline 5and5

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Why use LM386?
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »
I really want to know whats the point of the LM386. Connecting led straight to speaker works so much better than the lm386. Can some one tell me one good reason to use a lm386 chip?

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: Why use LM386?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:27 AM »
this question has been hired use the search

amplifies the power sound making it alot brighter and you could not use the chip then you wouldn't be able to do hold activated triggers

PINOY AKO

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:32:16 AM »
chip makes them much brighter and more responcive :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:32:25 AM »
i hope this is a good enough answer:

my psp without the chip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqpgaXXuDQ

and with the chip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SEUTMzdpQ

Offline 5and5

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:16:47 AM »
first of all it doesn't make them brighter and with out the chip you still can hold activated like look at mine but i used wi-fi switch. I'm not sure about the chip being more responsive to sound but it doesn't seem like it.

with out the chip and hooked up to wi-fi switch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJbHq6x0zw

with a chip i never used a switch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XYeObA0vQA

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »
Here's the simple answer...  (oh and by the way if anybody doesn't like it too bad!)  Why use the chip?  Don't if you don't want to, the amp will ensure that the LEDs actually pulse, on and off, while direct connecting the LEDs will work (However well), the speakers (while in use) have a constant supply of voltage, this means the LEDs will not completely cycle off, and they will not receive the maximum voltage, in order to cycle on completely.  The short of it is, if you are happy with the results of direct connect, then fine, use it, if not, then use the chip...

The point of acidmods, isn't to bicker over which method is the best, only to find new ways of doing things...  If you find one resistor works better for you than onother, then great let us know, if you find this chip works better than this chip, great, if you find a new and improved way of doing something, good for you, but to tell you the truth, the argument over LM386, or direct connect has gone on for too long...  I know none of you started the argument in the beginning, it's just been new groups off and on since it's inception, and I for one do not see any real improvement, or advancement of the mods from the arguments...

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
also you will find as you add more led's you will have issues. since the LM386 increases out put you can add more LED's and we also like to make things more complicated J/K :D

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
i kinda get how to connect the wires to the psp speaker but how do people connect so many leds to one psp i just dont get the wiring for all those leds :dntknw: :dntknw:

i know this is a little off topic :beg: but if some one can pm me or something that be great :tup:

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »
You can connect a lot of leds in parallel or in series.  googling up wiring parallel led will probably find you something about it.  Theres also pictures around here.

How do you wire up the led without the LM386 chip and still have it react?  I've never done reacting mods on psp's before.  Does anyone have any diagram or some crappy drawn pict of how it is wired up?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal