Author Topic: Rapid Fire Method (No Chip)  (Read 370974 times)

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: New Rapid Fire Method (No Chip)
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »
so do i need a switch still?

thanks

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
maybe :D we are working on a no switch method

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »
I'm Done with this mod moving on .

like out split fire way better .. or the 8 pin pic's

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:39:08 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2008, 04:33:06 PM »
maybe :D we are working on a no switch method

Hahaha  :hifive:
If that's the case, i'll just wait until tomorrow to get any parts I need

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »
i'm still the god
oh an about the power i dont know what are you all talking about i did it with recharge and AA
no diff
As did I, and with new AA batteries or a solid 3v source it doesn't work. With used AA batteries it does, and it does with the PnC pack, I can duplicate it both working and not working on the same controller as stated in my earlier post. Please take a voltage reading of the battery packs you're using and see what they are as well as try a brand new set of AA batteries or a 3v PSU before dismissing it, that's just unprofessional to assume your way is right for everyone when clearly it's not, this isn't the first controller I've had opened up either and I did take the time to try different setups to find out what the deal was with it working and not working, least ya can do is the same. ;)
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
Any idea as to when we can expect the new method  :laughing:

Offline crashman2k7

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2008, 05:12:26 PM »
from the tone of his voice in his last video it seem like u guyz pissed him off XD

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »
Im guessing the new method will simply use another ground point that works regardless of what voltage your power supply is.

On a side note: Though I have not tested this, using NiMh or NiCd AA batteries should give the appropriate power because each cell outputs 1.2V rather than 1.5V. The resulting 2.4V may be perfect for using this rapid fire mod.

Im gonna test this as soon as my TV is not being occupied...    :sadno:
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline KrInEn

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »
Hrmm does this not work on a wired controller? I tried it on an extra I had laying around and I think I fried it lol  :faint:

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2008, 05:31:32 PM »
Hrmm does this not work on a wired controller? I tried it on an extra I had laying around and I think I fried it lol  :faint:

If you read the whole thread, it says that the mod currently only works on the 'matrix' (old) wireless controllers.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
This method only works on the Wireless Matrix version of controller board, read thru the entire thread. ;) It's very doubtful you fried the controller in any way also, unless you got all wild with the soldering iron and even then it can most likely be fixed up.

On a side note: Though I have not tested this, using NiMh or NiCd AA batteries should give the appropriate power because each cell outputs 1.2V rather than 1.5V. The resulting 2.4V may be perfect for using this rapid fire mod.

Im gonna test this as soon as my TV is not being occupied...    :sadno:
Already done and they do. ;) The only issue is with fresh AA Alkaline batteries or if ya have the PnC cable plugged in to charge the PnC pack, as the voltage is raised during that process also and causes it to not work properly.

If ya have a Matrix version Wireless controller and only use the PnC battery pack this is really a decent mod, but if ya like to use Alkaline AA batteries this method isn't any good, as you'll have issues with it with new batteries, and it doesn't work on any other controller version.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »
As did I, and with new AA batteries or a solid 3v source it doesn't work. With used AA batteries it does, and it does with the PnC pack, I can duplicate it both working and not working on the same controller as stated in my earlier post. Please take a voltage reading of the battery packs you're using and see what they are as well as try a brand new set of AA batteries or a 3v PSU before dismissing it, that's just unprofessional to assume your way is right for everyone when clearly it's not, this isn't the first controller I've had opened up either and I did take the time to try different setups to find out what the deal was with it working and not working, least ya can do is the same

i'm done proving it works not work i don't care.. buy a kit of ebay the best way ...

This mod dosen't work .. sorry for taking 10 min out of all your busy days.

here this the best way of doing it 300 + ways ebay

[have at it pick one $2.00 in parts
for 30.00 50.00 130.00 150.00 and so on.]

i can do the same thing with $2.00  683 pic and only 3 wire.

and i have the video tonight for the rapidfire on triggers without any switch
with 2.00 inparts just like our 33.00 kit on ebay.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:00:27 PM by KingMike_OS »

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »
We are working on a solution for people who dont want to do complicated soldering as of now we have a 8 pin microcontroller with software that only requires 3 wires and can be calibrated for any speed we are hesitant to release the code as like all previous releases of code was stolen and sold on ebay for outragous amounts of money.. We like providing free services to the public...

Offline IDontGetHowtoWire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
SYSTEM, what chip is the code for?!

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
SYSTEM, what chip is the code for?!

Any I imagine as the code can be changed whether GPIO or Port.....

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
Aw snap, So If I get a few 12F683, the code could work for it?
I think I might do that then :)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
i'm done proving it works not work i don't care.. buy a kit of ebay the best way ...

Mike dont get discuraged with RDC I know him from xboxscene he is only trying to help we are all looking for a common goal to make the easiest way for people to mod.. They have been doing extensive research into controllers over there as well... We have also been doing our research in our R&D forum with Spitfire , PWM for the new controllers we will find some common ground on whats the best way for our members to not have to be exploited by the Ebayer scalpers for a $1 chip and a few other cheap crap...

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
members to not have to be exploited by the Ebayer scalpers for a $1 chip and a few other cheap crap...

Just a suggestion but may be too "over-the-top" maybe, open registration up to only email invites? Like a Xbox game save site, I forget the name, but they seemed to stop their game-saves from being leaked. Just a suggestion.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
talked to mike and the code is for the 12F683 he also said this will be the end all code for the rapid fire....

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
That sounds awesome SYSTEM, im about to spend $100 on all stuff needed to program these chips on Sparkfun.com.. I hope to see this code out soon.  :victory:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »

You still haven't proved/confirmed it doesn't work except for that remark (maybe ya have to yourself I don't know) but stated only that it does. I've duplicated both conditions on more than one Wireless Matrix controller now and while it does work provided certain criteria are met, there are circumstances where it will not work, brand new AA batteries or the PnC cable plugged up, which are both circumstances that someone might be using their controller under, but that's no reason to get in a twist over it. ;) It's a really ingenious way to get a R/F controller for practically nothing, just so long as ya follow the guidelines of it is all and are aware it's not going to work under certain circumstances.

I'd much rater see something everyone can do or at least have a friend to do for them that isn't going to shaft them on the work. Paying $20-$30 for $5 worth of parts is just a rip and then some in my book as well. That's why I do insane crap with the controllers, have to be nuts to even think of some of that stuff, let alone duplicate it over and over. ;)

Offline KingMike_OS

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
Thanks RDC .. sorry and thaks for the help.

it been a long day. and no one getting it to work was making me frustrated.

and than everyone stat going carzy in fourm calling each other name one site taking about other

man i just posted my finding. just to help sorry did not work out for every one as i plan.

i'm sure there are always other ways. just have to find it.

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2008, 06:34:21 PM »
Hey SYSTEM, for the 8Pin Microcontroller with the 3 wires you mentioned above does it have any resistors?
And can it be made to use the RT trigger for the rapid fire function, If it can and doesn't have any resistors,

YOU...GUYS...ARE..GODS!  :drunk: :tup: :hifive: :#1: :clap:  (Sorry for the excessive emoticons)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »
You're Welcome KingMike_OS, and no worries at all man. I just wanted everyone to see what the deal was since it both seemed to work and not work at the same time. When I first tried the mod it didn't work, but from the video it obviously did, and since it couldn't be both there had to be something causing it. I started off with my 3v bench PSU to power the controller from the AA terminals to try it out and it didn't work, then went to a AA battery pack (new batteries. 3.0v) and still nothing, but then when I used a PnC battery pack (2.66v) it started working just fine. I'd guess your AA pack has used AA batteries in it and a voltage a little under 3v? If so that's why it worked fine there, if it reads 3v or more then it could just be a difference in the controllers is all, but I had 2 here that acted the same way when testing the voltage issue.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2008, 06:52:48 PM »

Ok This is the rapidfire on trigger with no external switch . on the right trigger ..
Pic 12f683 Chip only 4 wires. and the on/off switch is the sinc wireless with out
losing its function.

tested on both type of controllers old and new style oh with fresh battary's  : ) j/k RDC

PS : no resister needed on any models. as longest the battary are fresh   :  )
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:08:47 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Bullet Pulse

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »
Congratz! It's definetely a breakthrough in RF modding.  :drunk:

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »
Ok my input for the "no-chip" method: Tested on matrix style wireless controller(T26); Worked with standard(used) AA batteries but NOT with freshly charged NiMh (I thought they would). Overall the rapid fire was very spiratic, meaning not steady rapid fire. The fireing was hit and miss for the most part.

Awsome discovery but not full-proof.

My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2008, 07:21:01 PM »
Oh my god, I cannot wait for my chips, programmer, and until you guys release this!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
Maybe someone here could sell chips to AM members only for non-profit prices?

Oh, btw, a PIC programmer can be bought for $10.  Or built for $2.  Buying the Sparkfun $100 kit is over the top for doing your own controller mod. Now if you plan to do more PIC hobbies, then please get the $100 programmer. It makes things much easier to program from MPLAB.

[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
Maybe someone here could sell chips to AM members only for non-profit prices?

Oh, btw, a PIC programmer can be bought for $10.  Or built for $2.  Buying the Sparkfun $100 kit is over the top for doing your own controller mod. Now if you plan to do more PIC hobbies, then please get the $100 programmer. It makes things much easier to program from MPLAB.

$10.... :tup: I shall get one of those, and get about 20 chips lmao :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal