Author Topic: Rapid Fire Method (No Chip)  (Read 371209 times)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Re: New Rapid Fire Method (No Chip)
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
30 works way better go with that...

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline dailen

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
This mod works quite well.  After hearing about people using modded controllers i decided to poke my nose around on the net and found this site rather quickly.  I was somewhat skeptical about doing this mod but after a few minutes (lol) of debating I went to radioshack.

The first attempt I got the rapid fire to work but during the re-assemble process the led came lose.  I'm assuming that I heated the led too much.  So then I filed down the tip of my iron to a more pinpoint tip and successfully modded 2 more controllers.

The good thing about this mod is if you do dmg the led and can't solder to #1 player led the controller still works.

Thx for the mod, just one question though.  How boring does it get trying to figure these awesome things out?

edit:Also, for you CoD fans I hear Infinity Ward is going to be putting speed limits on the G3 and the pistols.  It will be funny if they do that and not the .50 cal sniper.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:12:21 AM by dailen »

Offline kev7572002

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
ive tried this on a wireless controler and a wired controler and it did not work it was only a single shot button

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »
did u check see if they were the newer versions or older versions...

Offline dailen

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:57 AM »
also make sure you are not using new batteries.  With new batteries the controller will only do a single shot from the mod.

scubasteve

« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
ok i have this soldered in and i have the button firing but its still single burst instead of autofire help plz

Offline ncrmoe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
Ok hey everyone Just decided to register I been reading through most of the threads here and got everything soldered done.  it works and all i just had to take out the right rumble cause it was touching switch or wires and wasnt working that way but no biggie i cant tell a difference.  Only problem is my right Bumper is not working.  The throw grenade or throw back grenade, at first i thought it dont matter but it really does lol...any advice?

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »
Ok hey everyone Just decided to register I been reading through most of the threads here and got everything soldered done.  it works and all i just had to take out the right rumble cause it was touching switch or wires and wasnt working that way but no biggie i cant tell a difference.  Only problem is my right Bumper is not working.  The throw grenade or throw back grenade, at first i thought it dont matter but it really does lol...any advice?

either you burnt a trace, splashed solder on something, didnt put your plastic bumper buttons in correctly or a wire is in the way

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline ncrmoe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »
Well, I pretty sure i didnt drip anything there and really didnt mess with anything in that area where the right bumper is.  the wires are in a pretty good place, and it seems the little black box with the button for the right bumper is still solid on there, no clicking or sound difference between the two, wish my frag grenades were on the LB.

Offline SplitboXer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2008, 10:43:56 PM »
I put in brand new fresh batteries tonight and it rapid fired the first time I shot with new batteries....   So... who knows.

Offline Kysar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2008, 06:25:59 PM »
Hey i got a question,
Im using a 125VAC button, and wired it to the middle thing for the trigger and the player one LED.
All worked fine.
But when i go into COD4, it seems that the button shoots slower than the normal RT.
It seems to lag, like if i hold it down it will shoot 4, wait half a second, shoot 8, wait half a second ect.
But with the RT, it constantly shoots just fine.
Could it be the gun im using? Does this mod only work with certain guns in the game? I forgot what one i was using and i shut my xbox off due to it getting really hot.
So, did i do something wrong, or does it only work with certain guns?

EDIT: I do have a Matrix Wireless.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:27:30 PM by Kysar »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
Hey i got a question,
Im using a 125VAC button, and wired it to the middle thing for the trigger and the player one LED.
All worked fine.
But when i go into COD4, it seems that the button shoots slower than the normal RT.
It seems to lag, like if i hold it down it will shoot 4, wait half a second, shoot 8, wait half a second ect.
Could it be the gun im using? Does this mod only work with certain guns in the game? I forgot what one i was using and i shut my xbox off due to it getting really hot.

I dnt think that is the right button to be using for this mod.
It shouldnt matter what gun should rapid fire with the pistol, G3 automatic sniper...

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »
Hey i got a question,
All worked fine.

It dosnt really matter what button you use, any button with this set up will give that affect. this is due to the software programming in the game. this mod will work for any SIMI automatic gun. and will slow down the fully auto ones. this is software and nothing we can do about it...short of making our own game..LOL

this mod works and is very easy, but it is like hot wiring a car, sure it will start the car, but its not very reliable,and is not the best way to achieve your goal, also you better have a good story when you get pulled over..LOL

as for the xbox getting very hot, thats another issue, and you need to correct this. check for blocked air intake ports, remove it from any enclosure you may have it in so it came get so fresh air.

Offline BoiseAuctioneer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:27 PM »

I have done this mod and it worked. What I want to do is make the right trigger the momentary switch. I want to accomplish this by attaching a rocker switch instead of a momentary switch. However I do not know where to hook up the other wire from the rocker panel switch.

Where would I attach the wire so that when I compress the right trigger it will carry the current from the led ground to the right trigger?

Please let me know if I need to elaborate.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
this mod dont work like that. you need to buy a pic from the acidmods store to do what you are asking for. I asume you are thinking of a sleeper set up. this is nothing new and you will need a progamed chip.

if you want, you can change your push button to a rocker switch, but when you flip it it will just keep firing untill you turn it off agian, this would be kind of useless.

the sleeper mod has an on/off button and when on you pull the trigger for rapid fire, when its off you pull the trigger and get normal fire.

Offline BoiseAuctioneer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2008, 08:11:06 AM »
I guess I just dont understand why there is not a solder point on the board that is an open circuit untill you compress the trigger and close the circuit.

Offline snowboarder8

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »
hey i did the mod, but once i get into the game, my controller just gets stuck on rapid fire, and wont stop shooting. can some1 give a solution to this?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #407 on: October 04, 2008, 06:11:45 AM »
hey i did the mod, but once i get into the game, my controller just gets stuck on rapid fire, and wont stop shooting. can some1 give a solution to this?

sounds like a bad switch. take the wires off the switch, start game and see what happens, then touch them together. if it works replace switch. if not take picture of the wiring and repost

Offline helldog 7000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
wat is the sulppies in need wat kind of switch is that that wiers

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
 :yess:

Offline GSXRGIXXERDAVE

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »
 :drunk:  
LOOK FELLAS, I have been reading the posts for a while now and it seems people are having problems and issues with wiring the momentary switch to the LED or the other "reds" on the board. Well I am going to tell you the easiest way to do it. DO NOT even mess with the LED or any other place on the board!  Follow these easy steps.
1) Go to radio shack and buy a momentary switch, and nothing else.
2) dismantle the controller that you would like to use
3) remove the right rumble (as you are looking at it as it is sitting on a table with the back up)
4) cut the wires off of the rumble
5) cut the plug off of the rumble wires
6) solder those wires on to the momentary switch
7) drill a hole where the rumble was, and mount the switch
8) take one of the wires from one side of the momentary switch, and solder to the middle prong on the trigger (just like everyone else does)
9) SOLDER THE OTHER WIRE FROM THE MOMENTARY SWITCH TO THE BOARD WHERE THE RED FROM THE RUMBLE PLUG GOES THROUGH THE BOARD! (if you solder it to the black side nothing will happen when you test it. It will shoot normal. No big deal remove solder and solder to the other prong.)
10) test
11) reassemble controller and enjoy.

If you want, you can just mail me some money as props! LOL :clap: :hifive:

There you go its that simple and it will cost you a whopping......................... $2.00 !!!!!!

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2008, 03:29:31 PM »
:drunk:  
LOOK FELLAS, I have been reading the posts for a while now and it seems people are having problems and issues with wiring the momentary switch to the LED or the other "reds" on the board. Well I am going to tell you the easiest way to do it. DO NOT even mess with the LED or any other place on the board!  Follow these easy steps.
1) Go to radio shack and buy a momentary switch, and nothing else.
2) dismantle the controller that you would like to use
3) remove the right rumble (as you are looking at it as it is sitting on a table with the back up)
4) cut the wires off of the rumble
5) cut the plug off of the rumble wires
6) solder those wires on to the momentary switch
7) drill a hole where the rumble was, and mount the switch
8) take one of the wires from one side of the momentary switch, and solder to the middle prong on the trigger (just like everyone else does)
9) SOLDER THE OTHER WIRE FROM THE MOMENTARY SWITCH TO THE BOARD WHERE THE RED FROM THE RUMBLE PLUG GOES THROUGH THE BOARD! (if you solder it to the black side nothing will happen when you test it. It will shoot normal. No big deal remove solder and solder to the other prong.)
10) test
11) reassemble controller and enjoy.

If you want, you can just mail me some money as props! LOL :clap: :hifive:

There you go its that simple and it will cost you a whopping......................... $2.00 !!!!!!

been discussed already several pages back...

Offline GSXRGIXXERDAVE

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
I understand, but it seems like others do not understand how easy this method is!

Offline taylorclark

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    • myspace
« Reply #412 on: October 10, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »
sweeet! i just did it! how would i hook it up to the left trigger? could i use the same led for both, like attach the wire from the led to two wires, one going to a different button and different trigger?
Gamertag- titan501x

Offline dG$

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2008, 07:27:23 PM »
hey guys i got this controller that im pretty sure is the matrix style..it has TP19 on the back and i was just wondering i have the wires soldered up to my momentary switch the only problem is i dont know exactly where to solder my wires...on my controller you guys are talking about the Top left LED..mine says D1 next to it..do i solder like right on top of it or what? and for the other wire do i solder that on top of that one or to the right because it has something else next to it saying C72...please help me out with this..

shortbus9

« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
dose this work with a plug and play kit or only batteries

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »
dose this work with a plug and play kit or only batteries
READ... for [deity]'s sake...your like the 80 millionth person to ask that. yes you need to have batteries or like a half dead rechargable...
It's been a long time

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2008, 07:56:08 PM »
yea but there new so they never know wats up... noobs u kno..but gotta respect them and help.

Offline Epoculips

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2008, 11:04:35 PM »
Ok, So i'm to lazy to read through all of the posts.
If I do EXACTLY what the first post says, will this work. Or is there something else I need to know before I do this?

Thanks

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2008, 08:17:57 PM »
no the rest are comments and questions ppl have but this mod is was  even tho i recommend the chip version..

Offline Containm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [ACID]Containm3nt
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
Well, Im new here, and to the console modding scene, but I have to say this was one of the easiest mods to get working, the hardest part for me was getting past the security torx bits, but I found out how to break the security piece out of em so I could use my regular torx set. Great find guys, thanks. :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal