Author Topic: try 2 solve this: wii xcm chamleon II w/ pulse vu 2  (Read 7366 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
try 2 solve this: wii xcm chamleon II w/ pulse vu 2
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
i had purchased the xcm chameleon ii case and pulsevu 2 chip. but before i open mines up, i wanna know how to solve this issue.  i have the same exact parts as this guy in the link and wanna have clarification on it.

(im asking here since no one has solved it on that site)

thanks alot!

http://forums.sickmods.net/index.php?topic=429.0

Skullmaster - Hyper linked your link

** so i had researched differnt tuts for the other xcm chamelaon ii / pulse vu guides and they dont compare to mines.**

the wire that the xcm case comes with connects to the mobo, dvd drive and the power plugs (black n red wiring) into the airduct to supply power to the leds there and the yellow switch.  the fan plugs in normally. that is the normal installation. but im wondering where do you connect the + - wires in the pulsevu2?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:08:36 AM by whuthefxk »
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: try 2 solve this: wii xcm chamleon II w/ pulse vu 2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
doesn't that plug go to the fan's plug?

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »
sorry since im a NOOB in Wii modding.  but im not quite sure since i havent opened my wii yet.  and looking online im kinda clueless on the plugs and where they go since no one hasnt really given any clear tuts or guides on it. >.<   thnx again  for spending your time helping me aka noob  (but i have done psp modding and that seems way easier too me )
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »
doesn't that plug go to the fan's plug?

no it doesnt since i have looked at the xcm official install guide and the fan goes into its original plug..
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »
eh..well idk but the chip connects to the mobo right? well wouldnt u just install it the same way as if the case wasnt on?

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:02 AM »
eh..well idk but the chip connects to the mobo right? well wouldnt u just install it the same way as if the case wasnt on?

thnx for replying! but if i connected it as normal it probably would just controll the blue led drive light
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
no.... i don't think u get it, the chip only controls leds connected to it.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »
no.... i don't think u get it, the chip only controls leds connected to it.

looking at the pictures in the link on my first post. would i have to cut and strip the black and red wire and solder that to the pulsevu2 pad?  cuz the tut on the official site says to solder wires to the points on the mobo. ware would you connect the leds?

sorry if im a noob since there isnt really anybody posting pics of completed projects thnx!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
um..... lol
well if the black and red wires are leds.. i suppose, u only solder leds to the pad, i havent ever used the fader, i have just read about it..
wut is the red and black wire for, cuz if its just the wii slot led i would say go for it and solder away :P

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:12:17 PM »
um..... lol
well if the black and red wires are leds.. i suppose, u only solder leds to the pad, i havent ever used the fader, i have just read about it..
wut is the red and black wire for, cuz if its just the wii slot led i would say go for it and solder away :P

well the black n red plug it comes with, connects the power source from the mobo to the dvd drive and the leds plug (located on the airduct). so if i cut the wire and solder the - to the pulsevu2, where is the + point on th mobo?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »
wut ..
that little black'n red connecter is for the dvd???
well u just plug it right back in where it should be.. originaly. or do u just want to control the dvd led?

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »
all i just wanna do is hook up the pulsevu2 to have the leds on the xcm case too flash to the music. that is alll.

"that little black'n red connecter is for the dvd???" well the case came with a plug to replace the originall plug that jsut connected the power from the mobo to the dvd drive. but the on provided connects it as a regular one but also has the red n black attached.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 05:31:36 AM »
ehm, well u going to have to do some searching.. you want the leds on the case to flash eh, i think i just take every led, strip it and put it on the pad(cuz the chip already got power) so if u can get that dvd led all the way to the pad, your good... i think
you should talk to someone who has actualy modded there wii

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 07:00:22 AM »
i have been doing alotta research and still no result.  :dntknw:  i have tried other forums with ppl showing off their stuff and no response.  but thnx alot for taking time out of ur life to try to help me!!!!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »
hmm. could of swore i posted already.. o-well
but dont worry no time taken out of my life :P
i'll try to reserch too, talk to some experianced modders

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  :clap:  :tup: you r the bomb! imma try to ask others but hopefully they respond. once again thank you!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
xD
dont thank me, thank people like kypes and nic0  :yess:
but np dude, i like helping out people :D

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
like they say its good to give back cuz karma is gona hit u back in a super good way
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
xD, i named my dog karma cuz of that, well actualy cuz the show "my name is earl" :P
but i have a question lol, are you apearing offline or what, cuz u respond to this in like 10 mins and it sais your off..

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »
sorry cuz im doing some homework. >.< but it is getting late where im from (SF) specially after a long broing day of highschool  :faint: ill toalk to u tomoro thnx again
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »
yea lol, i was doing homework little bit ago :P

well look wut i found

ok so when u get the fader is will have all the little padds and u connect wires from the pads to the mobo of the wii (this is the back btw) so when u flip ur wii mobo over becarful not to remove the heatsink otherwize u are sol xD
and dude i was wrong early-er.. when i said the pulsevu2 only controls leds connected ti it, im not sure about that anymore, i think it controls all the leds it can find, i was thinking of the sickmods fader (thats the one that only works if u connect the leds) im still looking to see if u connect em or wut, but the pulsevu2 is like the psp sound mod if you didn't know

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
yea lol, i was doing homework little bit ago :P

well look wut i found

ok so when u get the fader is will have all the little padds and u connect wires from the pads to the mobo of the wii (this is the back btw) so when u flip ur wii mobo over becarful not to remove the heatsink otherwize u are sol xD
and dude i was wrong early-er.. when i said the pulsevu2 only controls leds connected ti it, im not sure about that anymore, i think it controls all the leds it can find, i was thinking of the sickmods fader (thats the one that only works if u connect the leds) im still looking to see if u connect em or wut, but the pulsevu2 is like the psp sound mod if you didn't know

yea i have seen that b4 on the site but i wasnt too sure if i jsut connect all the points to the mobo.  i regularly do psp hardware mods but i jsut never used the pulsevu b4 since i jsut directly solder the leds to the speaker >.<  the only reason y i bought the puslevu was too do my wii  so im not too familiar how the pusle vu works even though i have been stufying it
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
well did that help?
just take a piece of wire and solder the pads to the mobo, and tell me if thers more pads then points in the pic ok?

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
i have looked at the pulsevu and all the points are there. shuld i jsut start connecting them all?
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:03 AM »
if thers no extra pads you should be good
you have the chamelion right?
but just coonect the chip after you have installed the case, then try it out, see if the lights on the case work with the chip
hope to see the final result  :D

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »
yes i do have the chameleon ii case and feeble=psp sed pmed me saying that i cant cuz of multicolor. but let me try it out n see wut happens
MY CONSOLE LIST:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal