Author Topic: Ben Heck selling his car...  (Read 1018 times)

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
Ben Heck selling his car...
« on: April 19, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »
http://benheck.com/04-17-2008/own-bens-old-car#comment-5541

I rarely check Ben Hecks site, but today I decided I would, and what do I see in his news?  He posted his car for sale on Craig's List.  There was also a link to the Craig's List Listing, and when I clicked on it I was amazed to see a listing that I had just talked to one of my buddies about.  My buddy had seen it and thought it would make a great Demo Derby car, well I talked him out of buying it, since he always uses my car-hauler trailer, and I didn't feel like driving all the way to Verona, not really far to drive, but we have always found cars good enough for the derby closer to Ft. Atkinson.  Of course I doubt Ben would have liked knowing his car had been turned into a demo derby car anyways, so I guess it was for the best.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
Re: Ben Heck selling his car...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:33:18 AM »
if he pays me ill buy it.

it''s a piece of junk.

did it ever had a: APK or a check-up at a garage?

- suspencion will be full of rust
- you will need new sparkplugs
- new tires
- new paintjob
- maybe even new doors

well, its cheaper to buy a new one i think...lol

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »
it's mainly just to say omg i have benheck's car and he probably left me a 360 laptop under the seat lets find it. it's ugly beatin up and a bad colour no one wants it as a car they want it as a memento.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
if he pays me ill buy it.

it''s a piece of junk.

did it ever had a: APK or a check-up at a garage?

- suspencion will be full of rust
- you will need new sparkplugs
- new tires
- new paintjob
- maybe even new doors

well, its cheaper to buy a new one i think...lol

LOL, you're not familiar with the used car market in Wisconsin, at all...  The fact is, with all the snow, ice, and the dreaded salt, most younger people, especially high school and college students, look for cheap cars that will last them as long as they will.  In high school, my first car was a $100 dollar station wagon I found on a country road, it lasted about a month and a half, but I got more than what I paid for it, out of it...  And chances are that Ben did maintain it to some degree, now I'm not saying he detailed it and waxed it each week, but I'm sure he did do maintenance on it...  As to the fact that he's selling it for memento of some sort for fans, I highly doubt, I mean I'm sure he was thinking that when he posted it on his sight, but to actively sell it just for that reason would be asinine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal