Author Topic: weird charge problem.  (Read 1401 times)

Offline assmonk3y

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
weird charge problem.
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »
ive owned a ds lite for more than a year. a while ago the battery starting crapping out on me. 3 hours of play and its dead. when it charges, the orange charge light comes on for about 10 minutes and then it goes off totally. i changed the battery recently AND IT STILL happens. wont charge for longer than 10 minutes with the crappy batt life. i doubt its the charger as i wouldnt even be able to charge if it was spoilt.

ideas

Offline MrE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: weird charge problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »
Sounds like your battery might be suffering from the Memory effect.
-DavE

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:09:49 PM »
Yeah it happened to my mate's DS. After sometime, it didn't hold a good charger, going from green to red immediately after getting left charged for like a day. For that, just replace the battery, and whenver you need to charge, only do it to fill ur battery and don't charge it at every chance you get. That's how the memory can get reduced, even upto half by it's first misused charge.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline assmonk3y

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:09:44 AM »
but ive changed the battery.. and it still happens. i only charge it when it turns red.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »
Well since when have you changed it? Like how long ago since it's last change of battery?
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal