Author Topic: I picked my options!  (Read 2232 times)

phenomenal

I picked my options!
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »
I think its just a UK thing though, not entirely sure if it happens anywhere else

but i chose my 3 subjects

Electronics
Art and Design
ICT (OCR Nationals)

BTW the ocr nationals usuallly would take 2 options and i wont be able to pick art, but the teacher said he will let me do it as one option because I already know everything on the course (the hardest thing on the course is to build a website using html, which ive already done)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: I picked my options!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:44:52 AM »
what levle are you at in school? cause for high school (age 14/15 to 17/18) you can pick electives. there are some classes you still have to take, you just get to pick some of the others.

as for collage you get to pick all of the classes out side your program of studdy

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »
I think its just a UK thing though, not entirely sure if it happens anywhere else

but i chose my 3 subjects

Electronics
Art and Design
ICT (OCR Nationals)

BTW the ocr nationals usuallly would take 2 options and i wont be able to pick art, but the teacher said he will let me do it as one option because I already know everything on the course (the hardest thing on the course is to build a website using html, which ive already done)

awesome man i picked my options a few weeks ago, i picked business studies, DT resistant materials and french, even thought a language was compulsory ive already done my spanish GCSE and got A* so i could of picked something else but just went for french. in my school ICT is compulsory and we've started the OCR this year, only done unit one and working on the next unit which is sound. oh  :censored: SATS next week, when you got them?

phenomenal

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »
what levle are you at in school? cause for high school (age 14/15 to 17/18) you can pick electives. there are some classes you still have to take, you just get to pick some of the others.

as for collage you get to pick all of the classes out side your program of studdy
i think its different in uk but im in year 9 its the 13/14

awesome man i picked my options a few weeks ago, i picked business studies, DT resistant materials and french, even thought a language was compulsory ive already done my spanish GCSE and got A* so i could of picked something else but just went for french. in my school ICT is compulsory and we've started the OCR this year, only done unit one and working on the next unit which is sound. oh  :censored: SATS next week, when you got them?
i was going to pick buisness, but there is a lot of coursework, also, ict is cumpolsury in our school but thats just 1 lesson a week and also thats the super basic stuff like spreadsheets etc

P.S: im going to a new school very soon (later this year) and its still being built and their spending 20 million pounds on it, and half of that is just on computers, all the computers are going to have adobe master collection cs3 on them... a real one.... lol

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

language compulsary ? it was opitanal for me

phenomenal

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
Its optional at my school but some other schools in my area is cumpulsary

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »

yep, and then we only had two other options which is poo lol

Offline Mystike

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mystike.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
I had 4 options when I chose last year.

Coincidentally, I just finished my 10 hour art exam today.  :w00t:.

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
ICT, OCR...  Back in my days the only things we had to remember was SAT and ACT...  LOL and GED for the idiots...  LOL  Most of everything I ever learned in school was waisted in the real world anyway...  I was in a lot of AP classes, and took 6 years of German, and 3 of French, used German for 3 months when I visited there once, but other than that it was useless, and the technology and shop classes were a joke, I knew more than what was being taught...  And oddly enough, even though I used a lot of mathematics in the Combat Engineers (Calculating explosive values and such), advanced skills never really came into play...

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »
I had 4 options when I chose last year.

Coincidentally, I just finished my 10 hour art exam today.  :w00t:.

and coincedentally, i had double period of art today where most of the time my teacher was shouting at us for disturbing an art exam next door by talkin too loudly lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal