Author Topic: pandoras battery help! plz im a newb and want cfw!(i still need help) :(  (Read 6329 times)

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
will my battery work ??/

i heard that the - Sony PSP Bloc-Battery pack 3.6v 1800 mAh
wont work. my battery that came w/ the psp i bought march 16 2007 is 3.6v 1800 mAH battery. will it work??

and will a 512 mb sandisk memory stick pro duo work? ty soo much.

p.s. if i brick my psp and i have the pandora battery all i have to do is insert it and the magic memory stick and i can get it to come back alive. ohh and whats the dif between a bick and a semi-brick.   :dntknw: :help:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:50:03 AM by psp matt »
</center>5.00m33-6 psp phat. supported psp since 2.71 and remembered when homebrews home was psu.</center>

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: pandoras battery help! plz im a newb and want cfw!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »
will my battery work ??/

i heard that the - Sony PSP Bloc-Battery pack 3.6v 1800 mAh
wont work. my battery that came w/ the psp i bought march 16 2007 is 3.6v 1800 mAH battery. will it work??

and will a 512 mb sandisk memory stick pro duo work? ty soo much.

p.s. if i brick my psp and i have the pandora battery all i have to do is insert it and the magic memory stick and i can get it to come back alive. ohh and whats the dif between a bick and a semi-brick.   :dntknw: :help:
I'm not sure if it'll work or not although I think it'll work

I'm not sure if 512mb works or not but I recommend a 1gb because thats what I used and know for sure that it works

Yes, all you have to do is pop them in and it would unbrick it. Semi-brick is when you can still turn the psp on in recovery mode(holding down R-trigger and turning it on) And fully brick is when it wouldn't turn on at all

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
well. how would someone fulol brick it?

and can u soft mod a battery w/o cfw?
</center>5.00m33-6 psp phat. supported psp since 2.71 and remembered when homebrews home was psu.</center>

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
well. how would someone fulol brick it?

and can u soft mod a battery w/o cfw?
lol im pretty sure you can

Offline ronnieb

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
i have 2 different versions of pandora,

1 that takes the psp to 1.50
and
1 that takes it to 3.71 m33

both of them work perfect and both fit on a 128mb card very easily...

so you could go as low as 128 mb....

in fact my first pandora was on a 64mb card and that worked too....

:tup:

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »
i saw a vid where someone opened their psp and instead of prying up the pin they scratched out the pcb line and they aid to convert it back you just draw the line back with a pencil. can anyone confirm this?

EDIT:

ahh i read this tread! https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=9996.0

can pandora brick your psp!!!!  :cry2:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:20:28 PM by psp matt »

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
no it can't a pandora is meant to unbrick your psp not the other way around

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 06:29:16 AM »
ok i used my 512 mb memory stick to create a magic memory stick with this software:

http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-%28on-PC%29/pg/12/fid/14749/catid/193

now all i need to do is hardmod my psp's battery after i buy a new one to use as a regular battery.

and... even if i made the memorystick wrong would the pandoras battery be able o brick my psp  :help:  :help: :help: :help: :help: :beg: plz help and reply!

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
ok well im going to get another battery at best buy toay for my phat psp so i can mod my old battery. (the one the psp came with ) i have made a magic mem. stick with the TOTAL newb easyinstaller. i chose option 4 universal unbricker/ 3.71 cfw installer. what m33 does it install and will i need to install the 1.50 kernal addon- can someone give me a link to it if so. and once i get 3.71 m33 can somewone give me a link to a sick 3.71 m33 theme with like custom black and red waves with sick icons. i also like those mavc style themes but heard there hard to do and can brick ur psp. thats whats keeping me away from em. also i want to know thow to dump my umd's onto my psp memory stick... i have a 2g is that enough? please reply. thanks! :psp:  :hifive:  :tup:

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
why don't you just updated it to 3.90m33?

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
why don't you just updated it to 3.90m33?
beacuase i dont know how to do that on a pandoras battery. --->

ok i got a new battery  :tup: im charching my old and my new. once their charrged i will pandorize my old one and will put it in the psp with the a ma ma ma maaaaagic memory stick!!! yeaya ill back up the NAND on the pandora screen and then update it to 3.71 m33. and i will have CUSTOM FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!! YEAYA  :dribble:  but i reallllly need to know something. its u add a ptf theme with custom waves do you have to mess with flash0? :boxed:

Offline psp matt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ...it wasn't me >.>
i bought the new battery. my old battery when i opened it its mirxco chip was on top. however its over a year old. is it not pandorable if so. i just wasted 2 days of time and $40 of bday cash. however i looked on google and read a post where someone else had the same problem. to get my psp turned on though i have to- put the cjharger in (no battery) put the (hopefully pandora battery) in and take the charger out. then theres a green light thats stays on but theres no screen. is this a good or basd sighn . plz tell me. also when i undid the pin there was a spark and it smelf rly baaad. lol i  kno thats usual but it still scared me! please help!  :dntknw:

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
@ matt and ra1n- pandora can brick but that is like a 1% chance

@ matt- with cfw you dont need to use pft themes you can just flash0 them, but yes you do for custom waves

Also, the spark and smell should be fine cuz it happened to me when I did mine too but it still worked

Offline Friguy305

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
When u make the battery can u use it 4 your psp still

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
When u make the battery can u use it 4 your psp still

i thin kif you plug your charger into the psp, start it up w/o the battery, then once its started, put the battery in and unplug the charger.... i hear that works but ive never tried it for my self

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
i thin kif you plug your charger into the psp, start it up w/o the battery, then once its started, put the battery in and unplug the charger.... i hear that works but ive never tried it for my self
it works i tried it, but if you leave a game/internet browser it shuts off the psp

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
it works i tried it, but if you leave a game/internet browser it shuts off the psp

ok i believe you, ill keep that for future reference for myself/ local peepz

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
haha thank you sniper, i was reading these posts and it was driving me nuts of  wut they was saing lol. so u can destroy ur mobo with the pandora so it will nvr work again. and i used to use the charger trick all the time but then got a new bat. and btw sniper u do not put ptf themes in flash0! you go to game/theme and put the ptf. theme in there, you only mess around wit flash0 wit like custom waves and themes. and be sure to always back up flash0 :victory:

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
and btw sniper u do not put ptf themes in flash0! you go to game/theme and put the ptf. theme in there, you only mess around wit flash0 wit like custom waves and themes. and be sure to always back up flash0 :victory:

i knew that, i was saying you dont need to you pft if you want better stuff... i was just saying what i said

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
And whats better then ptf and flash0? ctf!! i think i might write a tut for it, its so easy. they're like xmb themes with out the flash

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
And whats better then ptf and flash0? ctf!! i think i might write a tut for it, its so easy. they're like xmb themes with out the flash

DO ITTTTTTT!!!
ive never even heard of them before, but whats worse that happens....

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0

ptf is safer and is only icons, flash0 has cooling things like custom wave, battery icon, volume bars etc. although everytime i do more than a custom wave on my 3.80m33-5 i get a semi-brick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal