Author Topic: Slim internal microphone **more pictures and better explanation**  (Read 31326 times)

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Slim internal microphone **more pictures and better explanation**
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 04:08:17 AM »
yeah I am not sure what iam7805 soldered to either, but I don't doubt that it works. 

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 09:14:41 AM »
if you need to test your mic find a guitarest that will let you use his amp for a min

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
actullay thats a good idea i had tho hook mine up to my laptop first just so i made sure i got the positve and negative conects right just use a headphone wire run the white and red together and the ground will just be the open ugly wires and then just if running windows go to start/access /enertainment/voice recorder just make sure the mic isnt dissabled by double clicking the little speaker icon in the lower right

EDIT: here is a pic i made just to help out

Nemesis: Don't double post, use the button
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:45:56 PM by Nemesis »

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »
excellent picture  thanks   :psp:

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 02:25:07 PM »
omg.... why didnt i ask before i did this :fear:  beautiful pic lol well i had tried to solder it to the resistor in the lower left corner  (even though i had a strong feeling it was the one you showed) and i guess i knocked the resistor off with the solder iron! then it dissapered. i havent noticed anything wrong my psp when put back together though except my power led dosent work  :sadno:...lol but i doubt that has anything to do with the serial port? well ima try to test my mic (didnt even think of that way with windows :hifive: lol) but is there any telling if this will still work with that resistor gone?

EDIT:
actullay thats a good idea i had tho hook mine up to my laptop first just so i made sure i got the positve and negative conects right just use a headphone wire run the white and red together and the ground will just be the open ugly wires and then just if running windows go to start/access /enertainment/voice recorder just make sure the mic isnt dissabled by double clicking the little speaker icon in the lower right

crap when ever i try to do the sound recorder thingy all i get is static :( the mic should work (at least it did before i opened it lol) so im guessing i dont have it wired correctly? (tried it a bunch of diff ways though) im trying to use it like it was inside the original headset without soldering my own wires to it since it has two wires coming from the mic already but their wrapped together inside a covering then split again at the end, does this matter? should i cut the covering and separate the two wires? im guess it should work since thats how it was in the headset?? ahhh  :wacko: i dunno...wish i had some IDE  cable to use for wires cause these crappy thin wire suck and are hard to solder anyways ill put up a pic on how it looks in alil bit...

Nemesis: lol yh i no you cant delete your own post, but at least you recognised your mistake  :winker:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:22:32 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »
Oh Geez, there is definitely something wrong.  and it takes a while to get the hang of soldering 30 awg with pinpoint accuracy. I still don't have it myself, but I am getting better

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »
babyboi828 first at the end of the thin wires take a lighter to it since it has a thin plastic coating and then add a little solder to it and cut back the access amount and to the i lost the resistor guy i lost mine as well and the one udnder it just bridge them mine works fine so does my power led this is kinda embarrassing as i like to think of myself as one of the best  :wacko:

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 04:21:44 PM »
thanks for the help all..

babyboi828 first at the end of the thin wires take a lighter to it since it has a thin plastic coating and then add a little solder to it and cut back the access amount and to the i lost the resistor guy i lost mine as well and the one udnder it just bridge them mine works fine so does my power led this is kinda embarrassing as i like to think of myself as one of the best  :wacko:

lol well ill try that later i guess...i have given up for now since after i finnally got a different mic i FINNALLY managed to solder the wire to everything but then i couldnt put the analog stick on right! (followed by the mobo and everything else do to the big peice of solder lol) i would be intersted in trying againg but ...:sadno: i have screwd up my lcd ( after oping my psp so many times id figured id leave the lcd attached while i work on the insides...i guess the screen went up and down too much and finnally the backlight ribbon snapped or something)...so i know this is off really topic but it would REALLLLLY help me to become motivated to try the mic thingy again ifi can fix this....is there anywhere i can find a replacement backlight ribbon, (for a slim of course, if it is even possible to replace  :dntknw:) so i dont have to buy a completly new screen??? (70 bucks!!!) i know my screen works i can see a faint image, I even managed to push the backlight ribbon up (instead of forwards into the socket) and got my backlight to work (while i hold it this way)! lol so i know the problem is with this ribbon... soooo please ill even buy one if i have too (grr) but if i really have to id buy a complete bricked slim i guess so i can have a bunch of extra parts and a whole new screen.....

o yea still havent noticed a problem from not having that resistor either my headphone jack works fine?.....but i bet if i just decide to buy a offical headset it wont work though or somthin  :angry:

anyways thankz again peeps...

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »
thanks for the help all..

lol well ill try that later i guess...i have given up for now since after i finnally got a different mic i FINNALLY managed to solder the wire to everything but then i couldnt put the analog stick on right! (followed by the mobo and everything else do to the big peice of solder lol) i would be intersted in trying againg but ...:sadno: i have screwd up my lcd ( after oping my psp so many times id figured id leave the lcd attached while i work on the insides...i guess the screen went up and down too much and finnally the backlight ribbon snapped or something)...so i know this is off really topic but it would REALLLLLY help me to become motivated to try the mic thingy again ifi can fix this....is there anywhere i can find a replacement backlight ribbon, (for a slim of course, if it is even possible to replace  :dntknw:) so i dont have to buy a completly new screen??? (70 bucks!!!) i know my screen works i can see a faint image, I even managed to push the backlight ribbon up (instead of forwards into the socket) and got my backlight to work (while i hold it this way)! lol so i know the problem is with this ribbon... soooo please ill even buy one if i have too (grr) but if i really have to id buy a complete bricked slim i guess so i can have a bunch of extra parts and a whole new screen.....

o yea still havent noticed a problem from not having that resistor either my headphone jack works fine?.....but i bet if i just decide to buy a offical headset it wont work though or somthin  :angry:

anyways thankz again peeps...
ok well i dont have much time but you could just buy the whole screen and backlight from anywhere from 59-118 us dollars here are some linkshttp://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=psp+slim+lcd+backlight&um=1&ie=UTF-8http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.603http://www.portatronics.com/index.php?cat=c61_PSP-Slim.html&XTCsid=574007a146cead7054b85dbdc47ad04f

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
ok well i dont have much time but you could just buy the whole screen and backlight from anywhere from 59-118 us dollars here are some linkshttp://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=psp+slim+lcd+backlight&um=1&ie=UTF-8http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.603http://www.portatronics.com/index.php?cat=c61_PSP-Slim.html&XTCsid=574007a146cead7054b85dbdc47ad04f

yea thanks im pretty sure i could buy a new screen pretty easily just dont have any cash :( . im thinking about trying to make the mic tha way max made it but my soldering skill sucks so im worried about desoldering all those pins... hmm (my psp would stil lbe completly awesome without a screen if i could use furikup correctly lol)

(off topic) is there an easy way to make a backlight (just any kind of cheap light to brighten my screen untill i have enough money to but a whole new screen?,  since i cant find just a replacement backlight,?) lol (im tired of only being able to play lumines outside when the sun is shining bright lmao)

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »
yeah i here that im trying to get my skype to go through some software to give it the sip so i can use that i dont know shi about fulkript i probly didnt spell it right but i dont know if you can get a free number some how what doe you use???

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 10:17:02 AM »
I'll try and help you out as I too am doing this to get it to work with Skype. I just scanned this topic so dont give me crap  :boxed:. Has anyone used the internal mic with skype? I did the install at 2am last night and got the plugin installed but when I tested with skype Test call I dont hear my voice.

Now I could have messed something up but DOUBT even at 2am. When I get home from work and before my Friday night ritual of GTA and COD4 till 5am I will look at the mic again. Wish me luckz

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
well by the time you read this lordnico hopefully you figured it out i dont know if you noticed when loading the skype program weather or not it told you that to make calls you need to use an audio input device that is compliant with the psp? mine said that. i still havent figured out crossing my skype crap over to a sip client or anything like that for the furlkip or how ever you spell that i can never remember. im glad you might be coming to the rescue if this helps i have plugged my remote in and when that is plugged in you dont need the plugin to get the mic to work for killzone. but still no skype. maybe the headset is a certain resistance i cant figure it out i have kinda been to busy on other projects but hopefully any of this will help you brainstorm

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
I do not know why it works in killzone, but it does myself and folklord36 were kicking each other a$$ tonight in killzone.  (i think I lost)

and I have confirmed it in syphon filter as well
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:51:30 PM by Maximize »

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
ok im stuk using my psp for this so im sorry for bad grammar. has anyone comfirmed socom for some reason my router just started timing out only when i play games and i got the grandparents over so i cant be anti-social

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
my backlight is dead and i killed my cellphone... AGGHHH i wish this mic would work now more than ever...o well guess ill have to steal a psp remote from kmart tommar lol jk *ahem*...

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
No why did you kill your phone, and your psp, you can buy a dozen broke phones for a couple of bucks on ebay to harvest parts

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 09:33:56 AM »
ok so i got an odd question if this works with mics will it work with a guitar? instead of a mic could you put a two wire mini connector in the psp to use with a 1/4 mic jack outside the psp.and does any one have any idea why audio mechinica dosnt run on my slim?im on 39 m33-3

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »
No why did you kill your phone, and your psp, you can buy a dozen broke phones for a couple of bucks on ebay to harvest parts

lol well i got another phone but now im broke and cant afford mins ARGH! lol btw i was wonderin if you can solder a mic to the serial port if its also possible to make your own tv output as well? or is that just completly out of the question? lol but anyway do you have to desolder all the pins if you want to connect the wires like you did?

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 04:22:27 PM »
I did the inner three pins, but this weekend I plan to try soldering like iam7805 did

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »
couldnt get it to work like he did when i finnally managed to solder to both the points i couldnt put my analog stick back on  >:( lol
but do you have to lift the outer three pins to get to the inner ones right??
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:16:46 PM by babyboi828 »

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
inner like in the corner by the headphone plug

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 04:13:30 PM »
i think my solder iron is too big :(

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »
i dont know how to answer multy quotes without double posting hope this works
lol well i got another phone but now im broke and cant afford mins ARGH! lol btw i was wonderin if you can solder a mic to the serial port if its also possible to make your own tv output as well? or is that just completly out of the question? lol but anyway do you have to desolder all the pins if you want to connect the wires like you did?
you could do this i dont know what you would use it for i guess audio mechanic could record a session

inner like in the corner by the headphone plug
no like on the back of the serial port itself i wouldnt attempt this if you cant get the other way right thats the easiest way i think you might just mess it up........
... also if it helps my wires come to the board to were i showed where to solder to the neg wire goes under and is soldered to the underside of the board so it shouldnt interfere with the joystick or anything else
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:33:23 PM by alexandercyle »

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 10:36:24 PM »
you could do this i dont know what you would use it for i guess audio mechanic could record a session

well i got a box for my psp with powered speakers but it dont work like a pre amp so my guitar dont work on it,but if i could use my psp as a pre amp i could use my box and not have to take my amp with me to go play away from home

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
well i will try some things out i play and that would be cool but you wont have any distortion or anything it will work ill prove it haha give me a day i need to take pics for the other people that cant do it either so ill wire up my guitar to it and just use the speakers but you can just run a headphone ext with a stereo adapter ... i was thinking if you get a four pin 3.5mm headphone cable like they use in an ipod you could make a cable that would be like a link cable you would plug the box in and the guitar in then you dont need to mod the psp here is a link if you need help figureing it out ill make a picture for you in the morninghttp://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=socomftb&message.id=6639
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:22:10 PM by alexandercyle »

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37:42 AM »
 no like on the back of the serial port itself i wouldnt attempt this if you cant get the other way right thats the easiest way i think you might just mess it up........
... also if it helps my wires come to the board to were i showed where to solder to the neg wire goes under and is soldered to the underside of the board so it shouldnt interfere with the joystick or anything else

nevermind about the tv output thing (though i meant being able to watch my psp on my hdtv without buyin the component cables..yes i am super broke now ive  quit my jobs  :cry2:...but at least ive discovered...donating plasma! gonna try today lmfao) ahem but anyway im going to reattempt this with the two points (iam showed) but its a pain in the  :censored: for me to solder to that one resistor, what exactly did yall mean by "scratching off the solder mask" :confused:

sigh..im also runing out of mics to use lol ive run through about 5 or 6 different kinds, ive made one i think sould work but i cant evn find it  :boxed: but um a long time ago i swear i remeber my friend using a half broken earphone as a mic for his computer. is this possible? or was i just tripping :wacko: lol if it is i can start taking apart headphones instead of cellphones :P

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
it might have worked on his computer cause it might have a stronger pre amp i dont know how effective this would work with the psp just plugg your mic into the mic input of your comp and test that way and i think my pic shows a little better dont solder to the other point that iam did solder to the one on the back that is labled with the number four not that his doesnt work but it might get in the way of the nub

edited : ok sorry but i got a pic now here you go

well i got a box for my psp with powered speakers but it dont work like a pre amp so my guitar dont work on it,but if i could use my psp as a pre amp i could use my box and not have to take my amp with me to go play away from home
ok well i tested it with my guitar heres what i found out you could do this as a pre amp i have an internal mic so with the volume up i got feedback at first but you wont have this issue you will need to tap into the sound board like the internal mic and put a second headphone jack somewhere as an input also if your using audio mechanica i dont know if it will stopp when you have to big a reel for your mc i didnt run into this but i didnt play a whole song either if you got a different program then share the link cause this is a pretty good idea and i would like to look into it further...it would be cool if they made some sort of guitar tracks pro for the psp or something hahaha hope this helps if your still interested
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:47:02 PM by alexandercyle »

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »
really off topic but did you use another psp with a go cam to film it?
It's been a long time

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »
I did I am ot sure about the rest of ya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal