Author Topic: Stripped screws Umd  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
Stripped screws Umd
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »
Ok U guys,

I stripped tha LAST DAMN SCREW to take the umd laser out, but i got it out,

I wanted to ask:
I got a small little black spring when i took out the UMD Door, and i want to know where it goes. Plz have some info on this

Can I just place 3 screws instead of 4 to hold the laser or do i have to have all 4?

Thanx, and i did search BTW
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:04:14 PM by UseCondomSense »

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Stripped screws Umd
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »
Hey, the Spring goes on the UMD door, on the right side, you should see alittle notch for it, and the screws, you should be fin, just pick out the best holes to get it as tight as possible, if it is too loose, you can always use duct tape, it fixes EVERYTHING!!!!!! :dribble: :dribble: :tup: :tup: :boxed: :rofl:

LOL, JK, just buy some more screws in the AUCTIONS section if they are still too loose, they sell pretty cheap.

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 06:57:39 PM »
Do i need to take of the spring with long hinge and put it in the new case if i'm changing the full case, and by the way, the screws stripped because it was the first time i opened it and they were pretty tight, so next time ima soften a little bit, will this have any affect on the PSP?

thnx

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »
Ok U guys,

I stripped tha LAST DAMN SCREW to take the umd laser out, but i got it out,

I wanted to ask:
I got a small little black spring when i took out the UMD Door, and i want to know where it goes. Plz have some info on this

Can I just place 3 screws instead of 4 to hold the laser or do i have to have all 4?

Thanx, and i did search BTW

Ash's PSP (by me :P) Has 2 screws holding the umd drive to the backplate :P.
We lost like 6-7 screws doing that mod XD.
It resorted to me snapping the little black pieces off the backplate (He wasn't going to use it again XD).
But yeah, he can play Monster Hunter on it, and it doesn't have the word "Sony" on there (He hates Sony with a passion XD) so he is happy.
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal