Author Topic: Top screen problems!!!  (Read 1935 times)

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Top screen problems!!!
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
OK, I have just attempted to put a ghost case on my DSLite. The problem is, the top screen only shows dark vertical lines. I tried a differnt screen, but that does the same. I think I might have damaged the board some how, I know I damaged the clip that holds the ribbon in place, although it seems to be holding tightly.

Any ideas? Have I completely f*cked my ds?

VoX

Re: Top screen problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »
You possibly could have wreaked your board but did you damage the clip that holds the ribbon cable for the LCD Screen before you put on the case or while you where putting it on

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:51:42 AM »
Check if all the pins in the connector are all aligned and fix them.Those black lines must be because of something not touching the FPC of the screen.If everything's ok you can try my tape method because you've menetioned a broken clip.

Ok Imageshack sucks and f*cks up my images.There was an image that shows when I cut the excessive tape.You get the idea.Hope it helps.

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
After putting the tape on the back, I'm having a real problem getting the thing into the slot.

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
After putting the tape on the back, I'm having a real problem getting the thing into the slot.
Try a thinner tape.I use a paper kind one I don't know how it's called.Just try a thinner one.

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 06:40:38 AM »
Tried thinner tape, anything I used wither slipped off, or was too thick to slot back in. I noticed when I hold the ribbon in place, I have to press it REALLY tight for it to work. OH well.

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:06:11 AM »
Tried thinner tape, anything I used wither slipped off, or was too thick to slot back in. I noticed when I hold the ribbon in place, I have to press it REALLY tight for it to work. OH well.
Well then it seems that if you get my fix to fit into the connectors then you'll make it work.
Just try the thinnest tape you have and if it's not enough apply another piece of tape over to make it fatter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal