Author Topic: sound mod to headphone jack  (Read 2480 times)

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
sound mod to headphone jack
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »
i know people have done it but for some reason i cant get mines to work. i wanna have the sound reactive when my speakers are plugged in. can anybody give me some pointers? you dont have to change the resisters right(191 and 33)? because thats what i have

VoX

Re: sound mod to headphone jack
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:05:51 AM »
i know people have done it but for some reason i cant get mines to work. i wanna have the sound reactive when my speakers are plugged in. can anybody give me some pointers? you dont have to change the resisters right(191 and 33)? because thats what i have

I haven't done it but I'm guess you should follow the Sound Mod tutorial but instead soldering to the speakers you solder to the Headphone port on the Daughterboard. You also have to work out the polarity which shouldn't be hard

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
I haven't done it but I'm guess you should follow the Sound Mod tutorial but instead soldering to the speakers you solder to the Headphone port on the Daughterboard. You also have to work out the polarity which shouldn't be hard

where have you currently soldered to?
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

VoX

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:45:53 AM »
where have you currently soldered to?

I have soldered to the 5v point and the Speakers, Why do you want to know?

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:50:51 AM »
I have soldered to the 5v point and the Speakers, Why do you want to know?

sorry bud i quoted u by accedent i meant the other guy?
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:59:46 PM »
1 -|  |-4
    |_|-3

thats kinda what i've seen from search (the bottom being where you put your plug in). i've soldered to all ahha i get nothing.

but i have tried this and got something. i have a lm386 (no resisters) wired up in my computer. the + and - is connected to a headphone plug so i plug that in to a splitter to get sound reactive leds in my computer.

anyways i plugged that into my psp and it works but only at the highest level volume and its still not as reactive as a direct connect.

when i tried no resisters and connection to 1 and 2 i get super bright lights that just stay solid.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »
okay I may help through my internal bluetooth I found that 1 and 4 are connected, when disconnected sound comes out of the headphone jack instead of speakers.  I initially tried to hook my bluetooth to the speakers with a switch.  If I remember correctly 1 is left 2 right 3 ground.  I physically broke the connection and wired it to a switch (hold switch).  If you want to physically break the connection stick small driver (like your 00) and pry out of place you can then wire it to a switch.

Please note that power from the headphones is considerably less

and when power goes to the audio jack it does not go to the speakers

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14674.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal