Author Topic: PSP Radio broadcast  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Anthrix

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Radio broadcast
« on: May 18, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
Alright, I've been a bit bored with my psp so decided I should try and make it better. I got sirius satalite radio and despite having the online account, I can't listen to it on my psp. But before I got my sirius, I plugged my psp into a radio transmitter so it would play my music over the radio station. Now, it cost me about 20$ awhile ago and most of it is for batteries but you can take off the battery pack and its the size of a usb flash drive. If you take the plastic off of it it's a small circuit board.

I've been thinking of opening up my psp and just hardwiring it in that way it always plays over the radio so if I want to listen to my psp on the surround sound, I just turn it on and it works.

Having said that, I havn't done any mods to my psp before. This mod seems to be a good start as I presume you could just tie into the headphone jack for the audio input and the mini usb for the power. Part of what I am worried about is the restriction of the radio waves due to the electronics/case of the psp. It doesn't have an antenna coming off of the circuit board and I'm not sure how I would add in an antenna.

On the board there is a sticker that says 'With Pb' as well as a oval shaped peice that says 'NSK 4K 7,00AVP'

Sorry for :censored:ty explanation, I'm pretty new at this sort of stuff, just know the basics.

Here are some pictures (camera seems to be lacking quality, sorry if you can't see)

Here is more info on the transmitter:

NEXXTECH USB FM TRANSMITTER

No earphones, no PC speakers, no wire to link audio sources PDA, MP3, MD, CD players to any car or home radio. Just enjoy the music with no equipment limit. Includes an extremely stable transmission by frequency phase-lock loop, USB bus powered links, dip switch for channel selection, red power LED display etc. Operation distance up to 10 metres.

Thanks if you can help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal