Author Topic: Help With Slim Lcd  (Read 1383 times)

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help With Slim Lcd
« on: May 19, 2008, 05:14:04 AM »
ok i have screwd up my lcd ( after oping my psp so many times id figured id leave the lcd attached while i work on the insides...i guess the screen went up and down too much and finnally the backlight ribbon snapped or something)...so i know this is off really topic but it would REALLLLLY help me to become motivated to try the mic thingy again ifi can fix this....is there anywhere i can find a replacement backlight ribbon, (for a slim of course, if it is even possible to replace  dntknw) so i dont have to buy a completly new screen??? (70 bucks!!!) i know my screen works i can see a faint image, I even managed to push the backlight ribbon up (instead of forwards into the socket) and got my backlight to work (while i hold it this way)! lol so i know the problem is with this ribbon... soooo please ill even buy one if i have too (grr) but if i really have to id buy a complete bricked slim i guess so i can have a bunch of extra parts and a whole new screen..... plzz  :help: thanks

VoX

Re: Help With Slim Lcd
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:30:12 AM »
Please post in the PSP Slim forum as this is the PSP Phat forum.

You can purchase a new PSP Slim LCD of DealExtreme for $45 dollars or so but it would be wiser to purchase just a Backlight because its cheaper but hard for some one new to modding to install. If your interested in on, drop down to the Auction forum and leave a post there asking for one

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:55:31 AM »
so.. the ribbon is broken not the little slot right? the ribbon for the black light is simply positive and negative for 7 led's in a series. you can simply just use wires and solder them to the ribbons corresponding points.

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »
sry! i didnt know i was in the phat section (ive seen some other slim posts..sry!)

but yea my ribbon is all screwed up now cause i did try to resolder the connection so i have a pretty screwed up ribbon now :( lol. then I tried to melt the orange plastic off to reveal the two copper wire with a lighter but...um I think I melted the copper as well. lol so I don't think there is much hope in connecting the backlight back to my mobo so i was wondering if there is a was to battery power all the LEDs? (kinda scared to try and solder again but ill go for it if its possible :P) Any ideas what type battery would be best? I wouldn't mind having an ugly battery taped to my psp if it meant the backlight worked (just until i can afford a real one lol)

I also manager to take my LCD mostly apart, and made it all the way to the backlight but had no idea how to remove it without screwing up my LCD? I barley touched it with a screwdriver and it left a tiny indentation on the  back of the screen, so i was like "um no". lol 

o yea i should have daily internet access now so sorry for the reply delay (actually i think i forgot to subscribe to the topic lol :huh:). And again, thanks for all the help!!!! Im prolly going on a loooong bus trip soon and it would really suck if my psp didn't have a usable screen guess id have to delete all my games and use it as a huge mp3 player lol.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:33:31 AM by babyboi828 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal