Author Topic: Anyway to cut down the psp size?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Anyway to cut down the psp size?
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »
Is there anyway to cut it down by around an inch? I mean, I know there's the whole mobo, but is there any part that can kinda be cut off permanently or like rearranged (I don't know how to explain). I have an idea for a mod, but I think it would be great if the psp (or slim, either one) length could be shortened just a bit.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: Anyway to cut down the psp size?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:44:28 AM »
so u saying you want to cut faceplate so its smaller or something  :confused: coz if so not really a good idea

VoX

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:56:18 AM »
Yes you could shorten it down by removing the excess plastic in the backplate but that would leave the problem of the large battery

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:56:34 AM »
so u saying you want to cut faceplate so its smaller or something  :confused: coz if so not really a good idea
I guess... basically, I want to kinda "shrink" the psp size (i.e. instead of 6.7in, have it 5.7in)

@Vox: I'm planning on taking out the UMD drive. Will that still not give me room for the battery?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:59:51 AM by kizashi777 »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 05:26:10 AM »
if you want smaller get a slim that way you dont mess up your psp
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline External Darkness

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Are Re-Inventing The Way You Use The PSP
    • Pirazted PSP Downloads
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »
if you want smaller get a slim that way you dont mess up your psp

Yeah whitetop is right you should just get a slim but if you do find a way to slim it down even more I think that be nice you might even be able to figure out a new source to power it like an internal battery mod or kinda like how you can play your psp without a battery as long as the power cord is on but idk sounds like a cool mod to look into...

<~External Darkness~>

P.S. Let me know if you start this project I can help you in some departments...

<~External Darkness~>

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
Yeah whitetop is right you should just get a slim but if you do find a way to slim it down even more I think that be nice you might even be able to figure out a new source to power it like an internal battery mod or kinda like how you can play your psp without a battery as long as the power cord is on but idk sounds like a cool mod to look into...

<~External Darkness~>

P.S. Let me know if you start this project I can help you in some departments...
It's not talking about WIDTH/THICKNESS, but want to shorten the PSP's LENGTH. I'm not modder/programmer, but I may have thought of a possible mod. It's kinda cheap, and crap, but let's say it may save you a gadget or two.

EDIT: Hey, I looked at the mobo. There's like a little "stub that kinda sticks out. Is there anyway to rearrange that part or remove it? Is it necessary?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:24:13 PM by kizashi777 »

VoX

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:43 AM »
No you can not rearrange the PSP's motherboard, If you looking to make it smaller in length then you might have some problems such as button lay out, WiFi Duaghterboard and more

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
i was thinking about a similar mod, to make a regular psp slimmer, and thought about actually removing the plastic shell to the battery and move it to where the umd drive used to be, wiring the sony battery chip thingy back to where it used to be, freeing up a little bit of space, and then maybe removing some of the metal support peices in it and shaving down some things, all together it should shrink it just a little bit maybe, so you can shave the case or do something like that

Offline kizashi777

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 02:05:17 AM »
Well, w/e. Might as well share my idea since it wouldn't seem like I can get anywhere with it.  :sadno:

My idea was a cheap "cellphone" mod. I was thinking of removing the UMD drive, getting a cheap small cellphone, at placing it within the space. I was thinking of wiring it to the battery. As for how it'll work in a cheap way, I was thinking of some kind of physical "switch" between LCDs. The cellphone and psp would share the LCD. So when ever you wanted to make a call, you just switch the.. er, switch, and you're brought to the cellphone's menu.

For better combination, if there was a way for the psp to detect the phone vibrator, it could automatically switch the switch for the cellphone and cease all action coming from the psp.

slimming down the psp was so the psp would seem more phone like.

Now that I think about it, this was probably a stupid idea xP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal