Author Topic: Am i a mental?  (Read 6956 times)

phenomenal

Am i a mental?
« on: May 22, 2008, 02:25:55 PM »
Seriously, not sure what is wrong with me, but for a few weeks now, i sort of have a sense while im being watched, and thing is, the feeling only comes, while im being watched, even though i cant see them, seriously, wtf? for example (its happening everyday),  i was walking to school, then the feeling came, i looked, and somebody was looking at me, when i looked back, they turned away and the feeling stopped, as i got closer out of their site, the feeling came agian, i looked back, they was looking at me agian. Thing is, the feeling is really strange too, its as if I have difficulty or forget how to walk, it sounds crazy but thats what it feels like.

Also, in my dreams, all the time, im either running away from something, or about to die/falling from a great height

Is this a sign of anything? Am i hallucinating? Am i just mental in the head?

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
Re: Am i a mental?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:40 PM »
this could be a prelude 2 your death or kidnapping i have had that feeling sometimes 2 its freakin weird as h*ll

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
usually if you have a history somewhere people will/want to look at you, and from what ive seen you post before, it seems like you do have a history....
also, im not much better, in school people who know my past will either stay away from me (unless their friends) or just stare till i go away
and ifeel like im being watching/followed when i go to big tourist attractions where theres alot of people around

but the dreams are usually from past sightings....have you seen any movies that have those things occur in them....cuz it can be your brain just remember past things in your "dreams"

wow....i sounded like some kind of therapist for a min there

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
To get it straight:

No you aren't.

Everyone has it, stare at a person for a while and after some time it will turn around because it knows someone is staring at him.

Let's call it natural.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
 dude im fairly sure everyone has that,if your a little wobbly on ur feet it just means ur growing again,im going through another growth spurt and im really unstable on my feet lol,anyways dude its just cos ur growing everyone gets it they just dont usually say
Derp.

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:08:38 PM »
like ryan0 said, your probably just growing, and your becoming insecure and thinking everyone is looking at you, and hormones are going crazy so theres gonna be more testosterone and youre going to be more instinct prone.
It's been a long time

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
Lol I have a similiar feeling except the feeling doesnt go away when i look at them and they dont stop staring I jsut have to look away. It only happens when im idleing like when theres nothign on my mind im not fdoing anything or when im walking/ standing speaking to me I get a sense of being watched.
     I got used to it as it coincides with my constant paranoia brought on by certain things which I shall not describe on a family site. I kinda like the sense of unease and the constant need to be aware that it broght on which actually benefits me in unimaginable ways.

You have nothign to worry about basically it will either pass or will only better you.

Indy

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »
Lol I have a similiar feeling except the feeling doesnt go away when i look at them and they dont stop staring I jsut have to look away. It only happens when im idleing like when theres nothign on my mind im not fdoing anything or when im walking/ standing speaking to me I get a sense of being watched.
     I got used to it as it coincides with my constant paranoia brought on by certain things which I shall not describe on a family site. I kinda like the sense of unease and the constant need to be aware that it broght on which actually benefits me in unimaginable ways.

You have nothign to worry about basically it will either pass or will only better you.

Indy

yeh you sometime get paranoia when playing with weeds they can set you off but if you dont play with them to much it should pass. must be a chemical in them that get into you

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
Yeah well admittedly I have green fingers and weed the garden week-daily and have done for quite some time. I think theres a certain chemical THC that is released to the brain that may spur such symptoms. paranoia being the most apparent of those. However studies are of yet to show any link between the two...

Indy

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »
i kinda have the same fealing but different...

i think someone is messing with my head

phenomenal

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »
I get paranoid to easily.

And also, how long does it take on average to get to sleep?

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
it takes me 1 hour o.O

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
I get paranoid to easily.

And also, how long does it take on average to get to sleep?

You aren't paranoid, you just know that everyone thinks you are

also I don't sleep all that much anymore, maybe 4 sessions of 5 hours weekly. I found it more convenient to stay awake and take 20-30 minute naps every once in a while

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
i couldnt take naps im a heavy sleeper i hardly hear my alarm in the morning and get this i once slept a straight 20 hours no lie

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

phenomenal

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 11:39:21 PM »
To get to sleep, it takes me about 2 hours most nights

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 02:10:49 AM »
Mental?  Well, maybe, but probably not.  A feeling of paranoia like you explain, is the residual feral, natural instincts that we all have.  They link us to our forefathers, a subconscious way for us to be completely aware of our surroundings, like our ancestors were consciously.  Since it is a subconscious process, the conscious mind has a hard time interpreting it, and sometimes the information is intermittent.

As to the dreams, dream interpretation is very hard, as can be realized from reading both Freud's and Jung's conflicting ideas about dreams.  Freud would say your dreams (Like most everything else he postulated about...  LOL) were sexual in nature, whereas Jung would have said your dreams are a product of your surroundings in a whole.

One way you might be able to help yourself deal better with all of these things is through meditation, it can even help you fall asleep faster (the first year straight I started meditating I would fall asleep instead of entering a deep meditative state...  LOL).

phenomenal

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »
Is there any sort of 'natural' version of a medication that will help me get to sleep faster?

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Is there any sort of 'natural' version of a medication that will help me get to sleep faster?
Hard work and exercise

phenomenal

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
Hard work and exercise
Great, the exact opposite of what i do

lol

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:42 PM »
1: get a chair
2: go to the beach
3: sit in the chair and look arround you
4: get a pint and just rest

helps for me..lol

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

Just to be clear I did say Meditation, with a "T" not medication with a "C"......

phenomenal

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
Just to be clear I did say Meditation, with a "T" not medication with a "C"......
Oooo meditation, not medication, like yoga?

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 01:50:37 AM »
Well sorta, Yoga is a form of meditation through body movement, I find simpler forms of meditation without movement are easier...

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 02:03:27 AM »
I've used chinese baoding balls for a good few years now and they work everytime, relaxing, but at the same time exercising your hands and putting you into a better state of mind simply by concentrating on your breathing pattern and the movement of your balls  :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoding_Balls

go ahead, take the bait, make the gaping gay joke

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 02:32:33 AM »
Although I normally wouldn't think twice on a set-up like that...  I won't...  This time...  All any meditation is, is clearing your mind through concentration on one thing.  Yeah that sounds wrong, but it is exactly how it works...  What happens when you concentrate on one minute thing, such as breathing rate, or heart rate is that your active, or conscious mind forgets the other things around you, allowing your mind to slip from state to state.  Practicing meditation enough can allow you enough skill to actually control the state you enter into (Once again this sounds wrong, since meditation is so you can separate your mind from conscious control...)...

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 04:19:30 AM »
Although I normally wouldn't think twice on a set-up like that...  I won't...  This time...  All any meditation is, is clearing your mind through concentration on one thing.  Yeah that sounds wrong, but it is exactly how it works...  What happens when you concentrate on one minute thing, such as breathing rate, or heart rate is that your active, or conscious mind forgets the other things around you, allowing your mind to slip from state to state.  Practicing meditation enough can allow you enough skill to actually control the state you enter into (Once again this sounds wrong, since meditation is so you can separate your mind from conscious control...)...

QFT

Yeah meditation is just so awesome, the amazing thing ive always found with it, is once you've cleared your state of mind and seperated your mind, is your thoughts just instantly gain clarity, which would normally be alarming, but you still feel incredibly relaxed

i just find the baoding thing helps create a constant pattern which helps you to see other patterns, such as your breathing, which brings the awesomness of clarity

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal