Author Topic: HDD MOD: start  (Read 5020 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
HDD MOD: start
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
Everyone seems to be interested in a HDD mod so i wanna do one and need some support or a team
originally me and gameking21 were going to do it but we ended up just stoping idk why

The idea

to get the neo 4in1 or 2in1 if u order 10 of them u get them for cheap
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=31&cat=7&bestseller=Y
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=25&cat=9&page=1

open it up and check the size of the main board and remove the 4gb max. on
the neo make it internal and relocate the memory card slots

Wat i need

$$$$$ MONEY $$$$$
Help and partner in crime lol

anyone wanna help me on this  :dntknw:   
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:30:18 PM by j.s2ghetto »

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: HDD MOD: start
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
wow i was gonna say yea but i dont have tht kinda money lets ask ppl to donate an ill help ill put in 20 bucks

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
wow i was gonna say yea but i dont have tht kinda money lets ask ppl to donate an ill help ill put in 20 bucks
any lil donation will do and if u put in 20bucks i can give u a neo after i figure out how to do everyting

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

VoX

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
I got $150 AUD on hand, I'll join in

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »
I got $150 AUD on hand, I'll join in
that is awesome how much is that in usd and u got MSN/YIM/AIM so we can chat

Offline DuMaMay

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »
should prob contact pvp at tenacioustbagger@hotmail.com and get him to help you guys
console list: psp, regular ds, xbox, ipod touch (new new new!)

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »
should prob contact pvp at tenacioustbagger@hotmail.com and get him to help you guys

idk if he'll help as he may still have bad feelings towards acidmods idk

PINOY AKO

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:34:34 PM »
ya he probably won't help but idk

well i was thinking to use this so we don't cripple the original ms slot http://www.bepsp.com/Parallel_MS__MOD.html

vox also brought to my attention that we could just do this mod https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0 and add a sd to cf converter but idk bout the speed if it was slow just using sd imagine with the convereter but i found this which could possibly help http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12177

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
If there is a xilinx chip that controls the entire thing I can dump the programming out of it and you can then build them yourself.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »
If there is a xilinx chip that controls the entire thing I can dump the programming out of it and you can then build them yourself.

wat u mean like program it

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:25:04 AM »

help with stealing idea's....yes

VoX

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 04:30:07 AM »
Stealing Idea', what do you mean?

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 07:16:56 AM »
help with stealing idea's....yes

ya wat do u mean ????? and if we r stealing an idaea from who and were is the post or something i haven't seen one of this that is why i posted it

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 07:42:45 AM »
what he means is if u know pvp hes not the one to ask 4 help....... not be cause he dosent know because he works on his projects that he wants to do when he wants to do it by him self just the way he works. what gr8npwrfl is saying try and see if they have a pic that govens logic of device he can extract it and tell you how it works and maybe remove 4 gig cap if its caped by software and im not shure but im pretty shure the limit the ms slot can read is 32gb. this is good idea but its been perfected i think by useing sd cards instead as they run iso at normal speed G.O.W plays fine on my sd card plus the pcb for it is way smaller.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
what he means is if u know pvp hes not the one to ask 4 help....... not be cause he dosent know because he works on his projects that he wants to do when he wants to do it by him self just the way he works. what gr8npwrfl is saying try and see if they have a pic that govens logic of device he can extract it and tell you how it works and maybe remove 4 gig cap if its caped by software and im not shure but im pretty shure the limit the ms slot can read is 32gb. this is good idea but its been perfected i think by useing sd cards instead as they run iso at normal speed G.O.W plays fine on my sd card plus the pcb for it is way smaller.

that is very true the sd mod is much smaller i guess i was just trying to be original and think of something to do this summer but i am probably going to scratch this there isn't enough interest

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »
i think you should see about emulateing an entire nslu2 in a high powered pic and run the alternate firmware on it to make a usb host chip

VoX

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 08:14:24 AM »
Dude, I doubt your going to be able to emulate a Nslu2 on a high powered PIC. If you can find me a powerful enough PIC, I'll believe you

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »
i think you should see about emulateing an entire nslu2 in a high powered pic and run the alternate firmware on it to make a usb host chip
but were to find the PIC that is powerful enough

VoX

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »
It would be extremely hard to find a PIC powerful enough, and if you did, you be looking at a very big price tag

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
well lots of pic and clpd and what not seem to be powerfull enoughf to replace the nslu2 but the problem seems to be this network processor the Intel IXP42x is the brains of nslu2. idk much about programing but seems to me you could make a pcb with  32 MB RAM 8 MB flash and the NP on it and a couple caps and simple circuts to make a nslu2 with no extra features from an engenering stand point. but geting the firmware to run on the (nslu3) without all the componets will be hard prob have to write a new one.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »

well lots of pic and clpd and what not seem to be powerfull enoughf to replace the nslu2 but the problem seems to be this network processor the Intel IXP42x is the brains of nslu2. idk much about programing but seems to me you could make a pcb with  32 MB RAM 8 MB flash and the NP on it and a couple caps and simple circuts to make a nslu2 with no extra features from an engenering stand point. but geting the firmware to run on the (nslu3) without all the componets will be hard prob have to write a new one.
:faint: i can barely understand ur lingo and u want me to write a new program

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 04:09:56 PM »
hey, i have a different idea, just using a PIC(with 14 pins) the select hard drive and a usb host interface controller. i need money too. i need like $70 or so and some kind of usb hard drive.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »
basicly im saying design a new nslu2 with only absoloutly nessacary hardware for  it to read hdd and send data to psp but getting the software ready is the hard part if u can take the alternate firmware edit it to only core functions and core hardware used. building device is esay just the intel NP, ram and flash memory and a cpu probaby to replace most the board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal