Author Topic: PSP case mod gone wrong Help Please  (Read 5056 times)

Offline adnrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP case mod gone wrong Help Please
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:43:41 PM »
hi all, kind of new to the psp modding ect. but i thought it wouldnt be too hard to mod a clear case from the original black one.

i followed https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13475.0 the dissasembly tutorial wasnt to hard to follow. then worked backwards from that didnt have any extra screws or anything. so i thought great.

i turned it on it all started up and looked fine. but when i opened a few programs some things werent right. main one is it seems to hang when i press home....and not actually do anything. i can still adjust the volume, but cant move to yes or no to exit the game. it just sits there. if i press home again it goes back to the game.

also when i tried to adjust the clock speed with select from the vsh menu i cant exit it.... seems to hang again.

i have tried reinstalling cfw 3.90 m33-3 to no avail.  i even opened it up again an checked all the contacts and wire connections ect....anybody have any ideas??

other than the lag hangs taht mean i have to hold the power button down to turn off...its works as normal.....tho it does take a lil longer to load stuff....

Nemesis: Hyperlink urls, use the button as this makes it easier for other members, thanks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:54:13 AM by Nemesis »

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Re: PSP case mod gone wrong Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »
it sounds like software problem to  me if the buttons are like that sometime...

but saying that i had a problem like that when i done my lil step bro's gold face plate, youhad to push hard for any of the buttons to work, but thats aall the time though...

STRANGE!!!

Offline adnrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »
yeah i been testing the buttons, also when i hold down screen button.....goes black....but when i press again it stay black....

very frustrating i even tried loading normal firmware and still the same thing......

wth should i do

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:02 AM »
so it must be hardware if ofw don't work.

i know it sounds like a big annoyence but try installing your normal case and see if it works

if it does try reinstalling the case and see if it works

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Pain matters not, Only the Journey ahead
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
yeah i been testing the buttons, also when i hold down screen button.....goes black....but when i press again it stay black....

very frustrating i even tried loading normal firmware and still the same thing......

wth should i do

It's the Home bar,  It's not seated right in the Motherboard..  Once you get it seated perfectly,  this won't happen.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:29:56 AM »
didnt think of that lol

adnrew, don't you need to say thank u 2 someone lol

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »
didnt think of that lol

adnrew, don't you need to say thank u 2 someone lol

He can thank me if it works,  I'm thinking it will though.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:49:44 AM »
it should do, but do you think that would help his d-pad and stuff??

and btw, look at my sig :P

VoX

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:18 AM »
It could possibly be some kind of software related problem. If all the connections/ribbon cables are in place then that cuts out alot of possibiltys

Offline adnrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »
It's the Home bar,  It's not seated right in the Motherboard..  Once you get it seated perfectly,  this won't happen.

=)  the thing is i opened the face plate and tried just pressing the buttons with my finger...still has the same problem  so i dont think its coz it isnt sitting right in the case either maybe i should try putting it back in the old case and see what happens o.O??   

oh also the lol joy stick was going nuts last night too... maybe because it wasnt seated properly...but each way i pressed it the character would just run North west o.o...

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
check if your XO[]/\ board is connected to the mobo right too, cuz that could be loose and not getting the right connection

just like VoX said, check you connections

Offline adnrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
ok...well ive decided to try put it back in the old case...maybe something inside isnt sitting right in this one.... well see what happens ehy....

not loooking forward to redoing the umd door that fkin pissed me off

EDIT:
ok... just finished putting it back in the old case...still the same problems...
pressing home whilst in game shows the home screen but doesnt allow to exit, the game continues as normal in the background....
and holding the screen button turns it black but pressing again does not turn it back on...

if i reattatch the stickers and try to have sony repair? and they see its bee modified...what will happen?
any ideas what could be wrong still

-_- sigh i was very careful when doing this.....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 12:48:21 PM by adnrew »

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
ok...well ive decided to try put it back in the old case...maybe something inside isnt sitting right in this one.... well see what happens ehy....

not loooking forward to redoing the umd door that fkin pissed me off

EDIT:
ok... just finished putting it back in the old case...still the same problems...
pressing home whilst in game shows the home screen but doesnt allow to exit, the game continues as normal in the background....
and holding the screen button turns it black but pressing again does not turn it back on...

if i reattatch the stickers and try to have sony repair? and they see its bee modified...what will happen?
any ideas what could be wrong still

-_- sigh i was very careful when doing this.....

Once again dude,  Something isn't seated right.  I had the same problem on the phat.  and it was the cable seating..  Just try, 

Offline adnrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »
Once again dude,  Something isn't seated right.  I had the same problem on the phat.  and it was the cable seating..  Just try, 

yeah im prety sure its the L trigger, when i spam it and press home it actually works and same with the screen actually turns back on if im spamming L

also would explain why the games are going crazy spinning to the left ectect   

but im fairly sure i put it back in very securly on last rebuild in the original case. o.o

Offline Thaiboy

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »
I'm kinda habing the same problem.
My analog goes crazy along with my L trigger.
I then took it apart again and put it back together, and now, the XMB doesn't even boot.
Help!(Installing clear blue full case.)

Offline rinsaku

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »
Check your connections mister...

I didn't even have this problem... I installed A Clear Case...

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »
Thaiboy:

The XMB should boot with all peripherials disconnected with the exception of the powerboard... You will hear it boot through the speakers...... 

If you are hearing it boot then you are in good luck... If you are not then you have some other (bad) problem do your lights light up?

adnrew:
I only work on slim, but there is a ribbon cable for the left d-pad it must be inserted 100% horizontal there are two cute little nipples that will cause problems if youd don't slide the ribbon cable underneath of them..... try this first.. it only takes 10 minutes...

Remove all external screws... take off faceplate... remove homebar and lcd by gently prying  at the bottom right and left. Flip them forward check your d-dap ribbon cable...   the left trigger and d-pad use the same ribbon cable for communication..

just slide it under the two nipples and the clip should easily snap into place.

-yngmike

###########EDIT###########

Without seeing it obviously I could only image two other things being problematic..... If your home bar is acting stupid I would verify (yes again) it's in fine..

I've dissasembled mine at least 10 times now (added blue trigger leds) and I have yet to have any connection issues but I always make sure ribbon cables are tight and flush...

Check the ribbons and the connectors themselves and make sure you didn't get any dirt in them...

Check Dpad and Homebar connections (pic attached).

Also where surgical gloves!!! hand sweat and static will ruin any electronics.. and yes it can happen... It may not totally break but cause problems like this.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:15:11 PM by yngmike »
w3rd

Offline Thaiboy

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
OK, My only problems now are the ones he's having.
I'll try doing what you just said.
Oh, and for the XMB not booting, it was because I forgot to close the clip connecting to my UMD Drive.(It worked when I took my UMD out at that time.)

So doing what you said will get rid of the vsh menu, L trigger going crazy, and home button hanging?

Edit:
I took apart my psp and put it back together again.
The VSH menu doesn't freeze anymore, but the home menu occasionally does, and the L trigger occasionally freezes.
I wanna be able to fix this ASAP because I'm gonna go on a 20 hour airplane trip to Japan and I really don't want this to screw with me.
Also, I'm using a slim psp.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:24:13 PM by Thaiboy »

Offline Rone226

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »
I am also having the same problem after installing a clear case on my slim. I know its the L botton causing the problem but I dont know how to stop it. Whenever something freezes just press the L botton or the L and and the other button and it will work. In most games it wont bother you like the sf games but in games like like gta or god of war it will be stuck on until you press it then it will be stuck again. I have taken it apart many times to make sure its seated properly which it is and even tried another known working d pad and L botton setup but it didnt work.

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »
Sorry in advance for double post but needed to freshen post..

Well your not leaving me a whole lot of options other than a mechanical malfunction (sticky trigger) or not placing the dpad stickies right.....

I would say buy contact cleaner and use it on the ribbon cable end as well as the connector itself..

Don't worry it's non conductive and non corrosive.... it's just lik $17 at Radio Shack.

Try that.... if not don't know.... (don't pee on on your psp again! :) )
w3rd

Offline Rone226

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
anybody having a problem with the umd door popping open?

Offline Thaiboy

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »
I had that problem but I fixed it by putting the white plastic from the old case to the new case.
Edit: I think that I may have gotten sweat on it.
Is their any way of fixing that then?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:41:20 PM by Thaiboy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal