Author Topic: Damaged Wifi-jack  (Read 2077 times)

Offline The Compiler

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Damaged Wifi-jack
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:40:17 AM »
Hi,

I damaged my wifi-jack by a mistake (the cable isn't in the jack anymore). But I can't solder it, because it's very thin AND it's some kind of a coaxial cable!! So really impossible to solder that... So now, what can I do? Can I get a other cable, or can I get the hole part from the jack to the small board holding the antenna? Or should I rather buy a damaged ds and take the part from there?

Flo

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: Damaged Wifi-jack
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »
I would try to solder the wire directly to port that links them, if the doesnt work, just a new one for like 5-10$

or you could leave your ds without wifi, It will still work

is this a ds or dslite btw?
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline The Compiler

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »
I would try to solder the wire directly to port that links them
That works, but the quality of the connection is quite bad, it's way better if you use a coaxial cable (in general, not only on the ds)
, if the doesnt work, just a new one for like 5-10$
Where? Can't find that anywhere
or you could leave your ds without wifi, It will still work
Of course, but I play and surf via wifi really often, so I NEED wifi :P
is this a ds or dslite btw?
DS Lite

Flo

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
well I would try the first method listed, It should work exactly the same, but I nnever tested it befor so.....

or just look for an new part or a broken ds lite?
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »
You CAN try to wire just a regular kynar wire directly to the solder area on the pad. People usually do that to boost their signal, even when they have the coaxial cable in there. It might not be a big boost, but I say it's a good temp. solution until you can find a coaxial cable to replace it with or a new wifi board w/cable. If I still had  my ds lite parts, I could have sold you one that is attached with a small break in the middle of the cable, and by break I mean the layer covering the cable. Anyway the best thing you can do is that, but of course if you don't play wifi, then don't even worry, since as Marioparty said, the DS can work with it, so long as you don't remove the BIOS chip :P.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
i did this repair on edhels ds lite

its just a single signal running through

its not a huge thing you dont really need it...but your signal will suffer big time

i cant find the pic anymore but basically all you have to do is fill the jack with solder and tin the wifi cable and soler in

it is possible to solder but you need a hot soldering iron

but kynar will work just as fine, just solder it in the place of the wifi cable

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 05:11:27 AM »
or you can just put a psp wifi cable in, i did that and i get good distance still
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »
or you can just put a psp wifi cable in, i did that and i get good distance still
what, connect a psp wifi antennea to a ds? I tryed that and When I go to picto chat, it freazes

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »
what, connect a psp wifi antennea to a ds? I tryed that and When I go to picto chat, it freazes

that would be a software issue though

or it wasn't inserted properly

because its still just an arial, with no programming, no resistance, its just metal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal