Author Topic: Guys, What gives?  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Pain matters not, Only the Journey ahead
    • Acidmods
Guys, What gives?
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
I know the Emporium was taken down and I know that things aren't as easy to mess with anymore,  but the new system is really great and I'm still there taking requests,  I'M JUST NOT GETTING ANY!  You guys used to ring my bell down with Jewel Requests and now it's like the whole project is dead!

What is going on?  I want to keep working on the Emporium and I want to keep helping skull and everyone make Jewels!  Why won't anyone post in our threads, make requests or even attempt to contribute? 

Just tell me?!

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: Guys, What gives?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »
Maybe because paying any money for a picture is kinda silly?
Especially when they are millions of free ones out there?  You need to come up with ideas that haven't already been done to get people thinking "how can I get this"

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
Maybe because paying any money for a picture is kinda silly?
Especially when they are millions of free ones out there?  You need to come up with ideas that haven't already been done to get people thinking "how can I get this"

Dude these are completely hand drawn,  It's not like I just grabbed them from a site and posted them,  Most of our members have seen me draw them,  And that isn't the real reason because they've been paying for the Vectors since before Neubit left.

Besides,  I offer the ability to do Custom Designs,  I'll custom any design I've done or anything,  Just make the requests people.  Help us keep the project alive.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:49:58 PM by Kenshinffx »

VoX

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »
Reaper, do you know how much work goes into turning a "picture" into a Vector image, I've seen Ken spend hours on making an image that would seem simple to some. He is dedicated to his work, and I believe in return he should get paid. People should understand this

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »
Reaper, do you know how much work goes into turning a "picture" into a Vector image, I've seen Ken spend hours on making an image that would seem simple to some. He is dedicated to his work, and I believe in return he should get paid. People should understand this

Contrary to what he leads us to believe,  Reaper is decent at Photoshop..   He knows,  But he is right.  I want to create a value in the price I ask for,  That's why I made this thread..  I want to know what people want to have available.

VoX

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
If I were Ken, I would set the prices much higher if where working on a price to work ratio. This is a good chance for Ken to make some money on the Vectors he made for request and they never paid.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
Yeah I do, considering I've done it many times...
If I were Ken, I would set the prices much higher if where working on a price to work ratio. This is a good chance for Ken to make some money on the Vectors he made for request and they never paid.
The only problem with price to work ratio is the end product is infinitely usable, there's not cost to copy/paste
If I were ken i would only do customs because vectors can be very simple to do and the harder/more detailed you want them the more you can charge, not to mention the fact that there are hundreds of vectors for free on the internet

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »

I know ken puts an effort in...but actually if you can get a decent black and white version of any image you can convert it to a vector if you

a) put a little thought in
b) know the process with the right software

ken can charge what he does because he completely redraws images that are usually in colours and gradients that cant be converted easily

and raising the price would not be a smart idea

the problem is separating the vector shop from the jewel shop, skullmaster needs to take action and put up on the site that they need to go to ken to buy the design first before making an order. if the system is to continue that is

also there may be free vectors out there....but theres also ones for thrice what ken charges, for love hearts and stuff like that

VoX

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
Good idea Timmy, I think the two shops should be come one and the vectors total price includes the money for the production of the vector, this probably will result in alot more sales

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 02:54:12 AM »
i vote for the old forum....it was messy sometimes but everyone had feedback from other members and could talk about it.
now they are jsut left in the dark..kinda

VoX

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 02:57:02 AM »
i vote for the old forum....it was messy sometimes but everyone had feedback from other members and could talk about it.
now they are jsut left in the dark..kinda

There is a forum for the new shop, Use that for feedback, requests ect.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
to be honest, i have no clue how to get a jewel anymore....

It used to be simple, you would find the current batch thread, Place an order, then PM Ken and Neubit (Or Skull) Pay your money, and wait 3 weeks.

But where the hell do i go now? I mean, i could easily do it through MSN, but many forum member dont have Ken and Skulls MSN.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Cap

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 03:28:40 AM »
Heh, you know I'm paying you epicly kenny, and guys, I know there are free vectors out there, but there are free everything, including games, and music and whatnot, and it really boils down to either you being cheap, or you paying for the hard work put into a project the you know will come out great. And plus, its cheap guys, are you going to go completely bankrupt from 7$?
Keep up the great work ken, you're a major help to the community.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 03:37:44 AM »
i pretty much agree with cap like guys dont be a tight ass and pay for the jewels like ken puts alot of work into these

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »

It used to be simple, you would find the current batch thread, Place an order, then PM Ken and Neubit (Or Skull) Pay your money, and wait 3 weeks.

But where the hell do i go now? I mean, i could easily do it through MSN, but many forum member dont have Ken and Skulls MSN.

during the era of which you speak

dont forget there was another major jewel etcher  :cry2:

heck skull wasn't doing them at all when neubit was here lol

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 04:08:45 AM »
Im sorry Timmy, i forgot you, you i know i <3 you...
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

VoX

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 05:49:13 AM »
We <3 Timmeh, but that doesn't mean he's better than everybody else, even though he did set off a post cold war Russian nuclear warhead and beat Deep-Blue with a row of pawns and a single bishop

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
lol its cool matt

i was, and never could be mad at you lol

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
If everyone thinks its so hard to order, I will make a full screenshot tutorial. To be honest, this type of store layout is the exact same one as llamma.com's and alot of others

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 10:25:52 AM »
its so easy even a deda can do it!

insert yo monies
get 50 cent piece of bling
add to PSP
??????
Profit

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »
its so easy even a deda can do it!

insert yo monies
get 50 cent piece of bling
add to PSP
??????
Profit

you :censored:...lol
you forgot i got loads of money on the stock-market?

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »
you :censored:...lol
you forgot i got loads of money on the stock-market?
what stocks and what brokerages do you use; also whose name is it under, because you are to young to have money on there.  Whats your stock id #'s?

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »

Matt,  We've put up like 5 threads..  AT LEAST 5 saying how to go about getting new Jewels.   It's not my fault that people don't READ or ASK QUESTIONs...

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
what stocks and what brokerages do you use; also whose name is it under, because you are to young to have money on there.  Whats your stock id #'s?

i bought a lot from Paccar.
my dad has them for me
i say when to sell and when to buy.
the rest is up to him.
duh.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
ken you have 2 wait a little while the move and everything is still pretty new so every1 is still probaly adjusting 2 it you should probaly give a couple weeks or a month 4 the new forum 2 get active

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
I know the Emporium was taken down and I know that things aren't as easy to mess with anymore,  but the new system is really great and I'm still there taking requests,  I'M JUST NOT GETTING ANY!  You guys used to ring my bell down with Jewel Requests and now it's like the whole project is dead!

What is going on?  I want to keep working on the Emporium and I want to keep helping skull and everyone make Jewels!  Why won't anyone post in our threads, make requests or even attempt to contribute? 

Just tell me?!
I think the problem may be that the links to the new shops are in the same places that most ads would go. And most peoples have their eyes trained to skip over ads now. maybe putting the links in different place would help?  :dntknw:

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »
yeah i agree with dslitemodder that may also be the problem that people dont see the links maybe there should be a sticky post with all the different links 2 the new sites 4 the jewel shops

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

ccccpie

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 06:09:41 PM »
I don't even look at anything other than there

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »
ken, we love you and that's all that matters!  :#1: i found the new site pretty good, but i do agree that it may take a little whlie for people to catch up and learn where they need to go. just logged on one day to find the old thread was gone, nearly fell of the chair, but the new page is great plus it's in some sort of order now.  :victory:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal