Author Topic: DS lite makes static noise sounds  (Read 2090 times)

Offline MrE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
DS lite makes static noise sounds
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:14:17 AM »
I did a case mix mod on my DS lite a few weeks back and everything seemed fine.  Recently I've been hearing static sounds from the speakers.  Doesn't happen all the time... seems like a loose wire/connection but I've already taken it back apart and checked all the connections and everything looks fine but still does the static from time to time.  It wasn't ever dropped but I did have it in my pocket the night before I noticed the static.  I also tried blowing in Slot 1 thinking it might be dust related but didn't seem to do anything to help.  Any ideas??? 

:help:
-DavE

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS lite makes static noise sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:39 AM »
when you put the speakers in  was there any foreign material in between the speakers and the case? and did you put the little black plastic rings back in?

Offline MrE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: DS lite makes static noise sounds
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:44:17 AM »
just checked and nothing foreign inside and the rings are there.  I think I might have found the problem though...  I decided to pop the screen out again just to make sure I didn't have the speaker wires crossing over each other and I discovered that the smaller ribbon was bent.  I straightened it up and so far so good.  I need to test it out more extensively before I call it problem solved though.  Will be keeping my fingers crossed  :cool:
-DavE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal