Poll

Very Good!
0 (0%)
Good
0 (0%)
Pour..
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Psp touchscreen  (Read 1431 times)

Offline NIKKAT

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Psp touchscreen
« on: June 10, 2008, 04:56:48 AM »
Psp touchscreen -Beta 1-

You will need:
Read switch
magnet
Psp  :hifive:

Photo:

You can use psp's analog or psp's buttons!

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Psp touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
how exactly will this work again? i think i get the idea just not entirely sure, and is a magnet wand safe for the screen?
It's been a long time

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:22 AM »
I've done this with the power board buttons, it does not work well unless you use a very strong magnet, which causes it to interfere with the other reed switches.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:13:18 AM »
This does not work the the analog stick, the PSP analog stick is still the same as a PS2 analog stick, therefore it still works over a certain resistance the two potentiometers on each direction have. Just for example, if you move forward the resistance goes higher and if you move it back the resistance goes lower, the reed switches will do absolutly nothing, but it will work if you connect it to the D-Pad or any other button on the PSP. Also you would need to hover the magnet on the sides of the LCD meaning you would need to hold the magnet over the right d-pad button for example, and nowhere near the LCD since there is no space for that.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
This is my oppionion here but this would not function the way you would expect it to. the thumbstick uses resistance like how a pot works. By doing this with reed switches and magnets your creating an on/off switched envirnment which would make for a very fast hard to control interface. Sorry

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »
Nikkat very good thinking  :hifive: your on your way to being a designer.. Although the magnet would not work think LTV IR reciever and a Pen Light as the wand and your design would work!!!

LTV IR = Light to Voltage Infred Reciever...

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:34:49 PM »
The internal joystick works off a voltage divider.

Why not wire the touch screen to two of the analogue inputs of a pic. That way every point on the screen has a certain absolute voltage. You can then map them one to one. Then create a pair of D to A converters ( can be r2r ladder off the
pic ) to just supply the required voltage to move the pointer to the exact spot on the screen.

Then you could calibrate the touch screen just like you do on any windows ce or palm device. The unit could be calibrated any time the touch point did not match exactly where you wanted.

I could give you a small program the would put a small cross in the upper left corner and one in the lower right corner to create a reference to calibrate the system. A slide switch with center on and momentary contact would turn on the touchscreen and start a calibration routine. The calibration would not have to be done each time the PSP is turned on because the value is stored in flash memory on the PIC.

one of the little 16 pin pics should do the job I would think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal