Author Topic: easy mod  (Read 5058 times)

Offline error919

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
easy mod
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »
Ok I am thinking about doing a mod for psp.
Can you guys suggest something easy.
I was thinking about doing led lights in the shoulder buttons.
Do you know how easy that is?

Also i am new here so hi.
Psp user and rubik's cube solver
http://masterthecube.com/forums

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: easy mod
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
Hey man Welcome to AM and it depends, you should not do anything until you have a good understanding of it. Shoulder light are hard as a first mod. Yuo should mod somthing that is not impotant or learn to solder on some old computer partrs and crap :) If you no how to solder than you are one step closer. The easiset thing for psp i can think of is probly a face plate/ Button change. Which is acually very easy. But dont forget your gonna also loose your waffanty :)

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:21:41 PM »
yes what jumbo said i recomend you do usb charge mod first to get a sample of what psp modding is like :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »
yes what jumbo said i recomend you do usb charge mod first to get a sample of what psp modding is like :tup:

I secound that. thats another simple one lol, i fogot all about that one :) Its another very easy one if you can hand a soldering iron and arent afraid to take a PSP apart :)

Offline error919

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:51:01 PM »
im sure i dont have a warranty
i got the psp used at gamestop

sorry for no grammar or punctuation
i often go to forums on psp

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »
@ jumbo WAFFANTY < ROFLMFAO
and yeah do usb charge mod first then convert ac adapter to a usb charger then maybe try ummmm changing wifi and other leds if your up 2 it

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:54:43 AM »
maybe the security mod? - https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13493.0

very easy just two wires to the powerboard and reed switch and your done, very cheap aswell

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 04:59:59 AM »
maybe the security mod? - https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13493.0

very easy just two wires to the powerboard and reed switch and your done, very cheap aswell

ya that mod is fun
and try the note as the power switch mod its only one wire

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

VoX

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:02:45 AM »
After doing some of the ones above, try thinking of some of your own. Then ask how to do it, you can ask me if you want

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »
@ jumbo WAFFANTY < ROFLMFAO

Dont make fun of my bad typing skills  :cry2: :sadno: NO I have a laptop and it different typing on it so im stil getting used to it

Offline error919

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 07:14:21 AM »
Ok well I am thinking of a faceplate change and button and led change.
Although I don't have a sodering iron.
I have very limited tools so thats why I picked those.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
Well for LED Swaps you need an iron so......

Just go buy one at radio shakc (if in The USA) 15 watt's are like 9$

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 08:07:11 AM »
if you are gonna mod psp you will need a soldering iron at some point,the cheap radio shack version works well,and replacement tips are cheap.and practicing soldering on cheap or broken stuff before you go to soldering on psp,(the stuff n the psp is small and requires a lil bit of skill to do with out messing it up)
i would recomend the led trigger mod it was my first and it was fairly easy and and fun and if you mess up it is just a power board you need to replace.

Offline error919

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »
Well if i mess that up i would need new parts for psp.
Any place that sells those?
I am guessing ebay.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 06:15:15 AM »
either ebay or on here at the auction board

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 05:46:17 PM »
Ok I am thinking about doing a mod for psp.
Can you guys suggest something easy.
I was thinking about doing led lights in the shoulder buttons.
Do you know how easy that is?

Also i am new here so hi.
How about a faceplate change? That was my first mod.  :drunk:

Offline slash769

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »
i want to do a face plate mod.. thats easy.. but i dont understand the led mods.. i wanna do a dpad one when i get a clear case but i dont understand whee to solder and stuff like that.. i wanna change the leds in the power and wifi but that looks easy just swaping them (i think not sure). if anyone can pm me or something offering help it is greatly appreciated. and dont say use the search feature cuz thats what ive been doing for the past 3 days almost all day and cant find anything.  :tup:

VoX

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 02:08:02 AM »
The LED Swap mod is easy if you have the right size LED's, The ones I used had bad dimensions and didn't worked properly. There is a video of 4dp soldering an led up but I'm am not sure whether there is a tutorial

Offline Vindicta

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I am Vindicta
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
USB charge is quiet scary for a first mod, since your wiring to the mainboard, id recommend wiring some sound reactive leds to the speaker, and use 1206 leds if your starting soldering, and remember to use flux

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »
i want to do a face plate mod.. thats easy.. but i dont understand the led mods.. i wanna do a dpad one when i get a clear case but i dont understand whee to solder and stuff like that.. i wanna change the leds in the power and wifi but that looks easy just swaping them (i think not sure). if anyone can pm me or something offering help it is greatly appreciated. and dont say use the search feature cuz thats what ive been doing for the past 3 days almost all day and cant find anything.  :tup:

Idk about the led swap as a first mod. It's kinda fiddly and annoying. I'd go for the USB charge and maybe sound reactive leds doing it the easy way, as 2 first soldering mods You could do a full case change also. Thats not to difficult if you following the tut and it gives you a good understanding of how the psp is put together+confidence.

Offline Vindicta

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I am Vindicta
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 02:09:33 AM »
Idk about the led swap as a first mod. It's kinda fiddly and annoying. I'd go for the USB charge and maybe sound reactive leds doing it the easy way, as 2 first soldering mods You could do a full case change also. Thats not to difficult if you following the tut and it gives you a good understanding of how the psp is put together+confidence.
Im really experienced with psp modding and soldering and i find led swap is hard

also error919, you need the right equipment remember, you need a small tipped soldering iron, and atleast 30w for basic modding, i use a 50w soldering station, with adjustable heat, but i always turn it right to the top anyway, some tweezers (not the ones for plucking hair), rosin core solder (it makes it alot easier), flux (it makes the solder stick to it, by removing the oxides or something) and btw little word of advice, unless your really concerned about the enviroment, dont use lead-free solder, it has a higher melting point, thus taking longer/harder to solder

and stay ventilated if you use lead solder

and, another thing to get, helping hands, trust me, they are helpful

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal