Author Topic: Coolmods shipping time  (Read 1658 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Coolmods shipping time
« on: June 10, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
Hey guys, you have any idea how long something purchased from coolmods would take to ship to Canada? Also is shipping included in the listed price, such as 19.99 for the cases? I'm thinking about switching the case.... Oh and would it be easy to change led trigger mod to sound reactive realatively easily?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:55:35 PM by bustinthejustin »

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Velocity

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Coolmods shipping time
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:19:19 AM »
Hi,

I live in Canada as well, and I have ordered a faceplate from coolmods already, and shipping time is quite fast imo, considering it's from the UK. Mine took about a week + 3 days or so. And yes, there is a shipping fee, mine was something like 7 pounds.

I don't know about your second question, sorry.

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:12 AM »
It is easy if you have the parts and know how to do it

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:40 AM »
Hey guys, you have any idea how long something purchased from coolmods would take to ship to Canada? Also is shipping included in the listed price, such as 19.99 for the cases? I'm thinking about switching the case.... Oh and would it be easy to change led trigger mod to sound reactive realatively easily?

it depends on what method you use, if it's direct connection then very easy, as for a sound mod chip, it's pretty similer but requires more soldering due to the extra board. i'd recommend looking at the sound reactive mod on the psp slim topic, helps alot.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:18:24 PM by Aphex85 »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:11:11 PM »
I've looked at the sound mod tut, and looks relatively straight forward. I'm just wondering if I could disconnect the connections to the powerboard/mobo or w/e and then reconnect to the sound chip.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »
I've looked at the sound mod tut, and looks relatively straight forward. I'm just wondering if I could disconnect the connections to the powerboard/mobo or w/e and then reconnect to the sound chip.

You mean link the leds on the mobo and the powerboard to the sound mod chip? If it is possibal i'd like to know myself. but i think it would interfear with there normal function.

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:38:18 AM »
Coolmods took 12 days to get to the US (it sat in customs for 4).. OH and he sent the wrong part... he sent the fat psp clear case with buttons, not the slim clear case .. Now I have to ship it back and wait for the new one to arrive....

so all told it's going to take 36 days for me to get my clear slim case :(   I'm not mad just dissapointed since I want the high quality coolmods case. I'm unsure of the Deal Extreme cases they just look cheaper...
w3rd

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »
You mean link the leds on the mobo and the powerboard to the sound mod chip? If it is possibal i'd like to know myself. but i think it would interfear with there normal function.

No I mean if I want to start off with normal LED lights then later when I think I have the skill to do the sound mod, disconnect it from their solder points, reconnect to sound chip, and reconnect the sound chip to its solder points.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal