Author Topic: project: secret mod  (Read 1829 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
project: secret mod
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:10:51 PM »
hey im going to start a project in the next couple of days and i already know what i will need except the leds. i dont really deal with leds so thats why. im looking for some really cheap 0805 leds. if somebody could point me to a good site that has them uber cheap cause i will :censored: some of them up cause my wire doesnt want to tin right... also will i be able to switch the wifi, ms, and power leds using 0805 leds? 0605 leds are too small for me or else i would use them.

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
Re: project: secret mod
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »
i would say you could the only problem is size i have no clue how big the 805 ones are try using flux not solder with a resin core tat might help you but you need to be neet with it it melts all over if your not but it cleans right up if you do hahaha idk

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:31:06 PM »
ok thanks. ill go buy some flux once i get the money from my psp mobo

VoX

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:51:08 AM »
Get some new wire and learn to solder better, It will do you better in the long run

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »
i know how to solder, infact im really good at soldering. its just that my wires are ide cables because my local radio shack doesnt carry 30 awg wire, or atleast they didnt last time i checked. maybe my wire is tinning, not sure though cause i am used to multiple strands of wire and not single strand.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
i know how to solder, infact im really good at soldering. its just that my wires are ide cables because my local radio shack doesnt carry 30 awg wire, or atleast they didnt last time i checked. maybe my wire is tinning, not sure though cause i am used to multiple strands of wire and not single strand.

IDE is pretty much the same as kynar, also you can't solder a 0603 led to a wire, because they are too small, yet you claim to be really good at it. Something isn't matching up there.

Also it's not a secret if you make a thread about it.

http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
IDE is pretty much the same as kynar, also you can't solder a 0603 led to a wire, because they are too small, yet you claim to be really good at it. Something isn't matching up there.

Also it's not a secret if you make a thread about it.

http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/

i am good at soldering i swear. i didnt know i couldnt solder to 0603 leds, and i didnt have any flux. ill have to pick some up though. thanks for the tip on the led store!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal