Author Topic: LEDs to the PSP slim  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Blupish

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
LEDs to the PSP slim
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
Hi men!Could you ,please, give me the instruction how to solder the LEDs to the motherboard of PSP slim. :beg:

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
Re: LEDs to the PSP slim
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
hi men???? i dont know if you read but the second post is a tut on it https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=10815.0 try to use the search function first before posting questions

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
hi men???? i dont know if you read but the second post is a tut on it https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=10815.0 try to use the search function first before posting questions

Dude that's just sound reactive

Blup, if you're trying to replace the leds such as power, and wifi, go to the tutorial section, unfinished tuts, and go to psp led points or something like that. Then just solder to those points.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
I have looked and looked.. all I find are the solder points for the psp fat for LED Trigger mod..

Would someone please post the solder points and correct resistor (if needed) for 2x led's (I am using 0805 from wired input)

I looked at the specs for 0805 leds and it says that their max voltage is 3v not sure if this is 100% true..

anyways please advise the correct solder points. I keep hearing references to the powerboard but from my understanding that the powerboard voltage is 4.6V~4.9V.. Is this correct or am I just an idiot? 

I think my soldering skills are better than average but I really don't think I can solder directly to the back of the ribbon connector on the power board.

Thx in advance...

w3rd

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »
There is a picture in psp tuts that's labeled something like psp slim powerboard. There, you should find a positive connection of like 4.9 volts. Then I'm pretty sure it also tells you the negative for power switch. Solder to that, and it should work. Aso correct resistor can be calculated using a formula in tutorials, general modding.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
I am attatched to the positive on the powerboard with no resistor.. A resistor would make the lights dimmer correct?

I also connected to ground via the wifi switch for the negative connection because the power led negative connector did not make my led's light up.

Any suggestions?
w3rd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal