Author Topic: psp clear backplates  (Read 2031 times)

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp clear backplates
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
i am having a problem trying to figure something out... i am getting a clear psp backplate but i wan to repaint it, and the problem cums up that the outside will be all bumpy like on the stock, do they sell any smooth backplates, more like glass pretty much so that the paint i put on the back would look just like the front pretty much... or how would you smooth it out without it turning all matted looking

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: psp clear backplates
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:50:15 PM »
alright... i guess i did find the right one... i just couldnt get a close enough image to really see it well enough.... ok one more quick question... i want to light up my psp internally but dont wanna show the board on the inside, is there anyway i can do this and keep a constant glow through out the whole lighted areas, does anyone know how i could do that?

also does coolmods carry the red rings like on the prize car they are giving away
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:07:11 PM by voices_clear »

VoX

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:30:40 AM »
No they don't sell the red rings but I believe they are going to start selling Custom PSP case's, you could always just paint it your self. I don't believe there are any but a Translucent case should block out the board and still let light pass through it, there are some translucent faceplates but no backplates that I know of

Offline nevekd128

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »
well to not show the board, just cover the exposed areas with electrical tape or something of that nature

VoX

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »
Actually if you sprayed it black or a dark colour, Light could still get through depending on the type of paint you use. That would block out what is under neath but not stopping the light

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »
i was thinking about using a translucent red paint and a white paint backed with black so that the light wouldn't pass through the white parts at all and it would still be a pure white instead of a pinkish tint to it... but I'm worried that with a translucent paint that the led's wont be quite bright enough, so what do you think... im hoping to get my shell soon :) and then when i get it i'll post picture up on here... i think this will be a really sharp looking psp when i get it all done.... plus on the red ring, i dont think there are really any transparent paints that would grip well enough to the metal ring, so do you think i could find any one on here that could cut a peice of mirrored red acrylic into the size i need it, cause i have a few pieces but no way to cut it down precisely

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »
One of the problems with painting a PSP is the paint scratches and wears off.

I am getting 2 clear cases later this week from Deal Extreme. I am going to take one mask
certain areas I do not want transparent and then paint the inside of the case metallic red.
The silver trim I am painting metallic gold and the buttons are metallic gold.

Then certain parts of the case with be red tinted.

Certain parts where the RGB leds go will be clear so you can see all the colors.

I will let you know how this type of multi painting inside the case works out.
Then the paint can't scratch or rub off and will stay nice looking.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 03:08:40 AM »
prime it,then sand it well with wet fine grit sandpaper (and i mean super fine),then prime it lightly once more,sand it once more extremely lightly,then spray it with the colour,use about 4 light coats then a coat or two of clearcoat lacquer
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:27:18 AM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline voices_clear

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 08:50:47 AM »
well, i was planning on painting the inside too as well honestly, but the only problem ive been seeing that might happen is that it might have odd spots from where the screw holes are... and the other thing ive been wondering is there any such thing as a clear primer

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »
Yes there is clear primer.

It is plastic primer from Krylon.

You can get it at Home Depot

Offline crashman2k7

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »
you can buy paint from your hobby shop those paint dont let light true.
am doing a chemeleon paint job on a clear psp soon. going to paint the inside wid color and then u spray back over it (ps-5) hobby paint
used for car shellz :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal