Author Topic: Before I go do something stupid!  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Xelax

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Before I go do something stupid!
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »
How high are the odds of me ruining my PSP by trying to open it.

Oh and by the way where do I get the Analog Stick and the other buttons with diff color.

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Re: Before I go do something stupid!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
theres a high chance if you dont know what your doing. if you need parts or somin go to dealextreme.com or coolmods.co.uk

Offline Xelax

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
I see so what should I practice on in order to help me prepare to take this blasted machine apart.

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
hmm study tutorials of taking the psp apart and just do your best

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
all you gotta do is be confident. and if you're asking that means you dont believe in your hands. hahaha you MUST BELIEVE

i believe in my hands so much i dont shake when using the iron
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:12:49 PM by anthonyta »

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »
btw, wear non static gloves... prevents you broke shocking the mobo and frying it.

i also recommend getting a pc dust cleaning spray to remove dust without scratching LCD and screen.  the back of the screen on the faceplate is very fragile, scratch VERY easily even with micofiber cloth)
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

VoX

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »
I was very worried the first time I opened my PSP (Few years ago) because ever time I opened a console or similar it resulted in it breaking some how. The dissembly went fine, some things have broken overtime. I'd would be very careful with the LCD connectors on the motherboard, they can break easily

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »
btw, wear non static gloves... prevents you broke shocking the mobo and frying it.

i also recommend getting a pc dust cleaning spray to remove dust without scratching LCD and screen.  the back of the screen on the faceplate is very fragile, scratch VERY easily even with micofiber cloth)
I would not recomment the pc dust cleaning spray, the reason? because most of the sprays are liquid based and if you spray them on your screen you can a bunch a liquid on it (and I should know it happened to me). I just usually get some screen cleaning clothing and clean it that way, it's a lot safer and more reliable (not to mention it costs less)

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »
and always make sure your batt isnt in when taking off the backlight connectors,,lol or you might have to lean to bridge a fuse,i did

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:02:12 AM »
and always make sure your batt isnt in when taking off the backlight connectors,,lol or you might have to lean to bridge a fuse,i did

Come on, that's just too obvious.

Also if you always have the bug urge to open your stuff with a hammer, don't attempt, but if you can unscrew a few things, lift this and that, wiggle around here, then everything will come off fine. Btw the PSP is one hell of a durable console, mine has been through alot and it's still running : P

Oh and about the screen, when you take off the faceplate, cover the screen wtih a piece of paper or something, wiggle it free, and just place the faceplate over the lcd and put it somewhere, keeps it dust free and your faceplate and screen take less space up.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Xelax

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »
By the way does coolmods.uk accept American currency.

Offline Frost Angel

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You are a figment of my imagination o.O
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »
Yes through paypal and to see USD prices on the bottom right you can select which currency to view.

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
HAH heres my 2 cents   Coolmods takes 12 days to get to US because of stupid customs in New york takes like 4-6 days...

w3rd

Offline Frost Angel

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You are a figment of my imagination o.O
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »
I would have gotten my case today which is day 9 had it not been for the usps mail lady not allowing me to sign for it since it was sent under my fiances name -.- so I have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick it up...

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »
I would not recomment the pc dust cleaning spray, the reason? because most of the sprays are liquid based and if you spray them on your screen you can a bunch a liquid on it (and I should know it happened to me). I just usually get some screen cleaning clothing and clean it that way, it's a lot safer and more reliable (not to mention it costs less)

i nvr said to spary it on the psp stupid.  read closer.  i mention that the faeplate gets scratched easily with a cloth if you wipe it.  use a dus cleaner to prevent that.  the lcd screen on the psp is not as fragile as the faceplate, i wiped it without any scratches occuring (check with halogen light)
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal