Author Topic: Material  (Read 1382 times)

Offline contagi0usjermz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Material
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »
I'm new to the gaming-mod community, but I have done a lot of repairing/customizing game systems for friends and the like.

I am working on a project for my Wii that will include a good amount of materials / backlighting / LED's

I would post the details of it but I want to wait to reveal it so that the idea remains fresh.

Basically, what I need to know, is what a good material is to cut/mold a symbol would be.  Much like the Zelda/Mario Galaxy symbols are used in the modifications I've seen on this website.

I have found several corroborative emblems on ebay, and the like, but none seem to match the size of what I'm looking for, so I am opting to cut, shape and paint it myself.

I thought of fiberglass or plastic and I would like to know what someone with more modding experience would use.

Thanks very much~

Offline Chapel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Material
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
I've seen a lot of people use bondo (available at any automotive store) because it sands really well. Plastic, I think is harder to work with.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: Material
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »
welcome to AM mate
and most of us do hardware mods, and it sounds like your wanting to put something on your wii, i would use fiberglass but im not real sure on stuff like this

500 posts to date!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal