Poll

Mod Options

Changable Memory
5 (18.5%)
Permanent Memory
22 (81.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: New 30 GB PSP MOD Slim, Maybe FATTY  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
New 30 GB PSP MOD Slim, Maybe FATTY
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »
So I understand it that only the hard drive mod was done... Well I have been successful at making a 30 GB PSP also, without a HD, using flash memory. I will be doing an official mod with pictures and possibly video. Right now I have it as an external mod, however I am going to be taking out the UMD reader and making it fully internal. now my question is would you like to see the mod with changeable memory or permanent? If its changeable about 1/4 inch of the card would be sticking out of the PSP, if internal nothing will patrude out of the PSP. Unfortunately I will not release many details about this mod attempt. Recent looks at a PSP carcass, memory stuff looked promising about the fit. I am waiting until I get my Clear case to do the mod in. If the mod is not successful in the slim ill be placing it into a FATTY.

** Some notes on this mod **

- Still waiting for my clear PSP cases also need to by a dremmel once I get off the ship.
- Using the adapter that I have some games are not savable, but 90% of the games save, I well have them all tested with a list of working games that save, I believe this is due to it being non memory stick duo.
- The mod I have now and the test using a PSP carcass is just pre test and inspections of the possibilities, I have used the full 30 GB already and the battery should not be significantly affected by this mod.
- Its definite that I'll be removing the UMD permanently.
- The only down fall is that USB to PSP memory is that is takes forever to transfer.
- Approximate cost 170-200$ + PSP Cost, Full cost will be added up here shortly.
- Have watched 6 seasons of south park and gamed using 16GB version for 1 month, high reliability.

Stay tuned for more, start date should be within a week, once i return from deployment.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:55:24 PM by Merwizzle »
Proudly Serving My Country

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: New 30 GB PSP MOD Slim, Maybe FATTY
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
pernament is the best idea
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
dude make the psp as slick as possible dont make it look ugly so yea. ui think 30gbs is enough well i say make it permenent

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
unless you plan on using the flash memory for something else make it internal. I mean if someone needs more then 30gb in a psp they need a new life

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
unless you plan on using the flash memory for something else make it internal. I mean if someone needs more then 30gb in a psp they need a new life

NEMESIS: KEEP INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF

Merwizzle I know the scene is slowing down these days but some people would give anything short of a vital organ or a child for the info on this... (not to downplay your development should it be for real, but please post as much info as possible)

I understand you intend to make a release but basic info would be great... and non spoiling details...
otherwise it just looks like every other internal HD post out there..

Please PM me as I may offer assistance if needed in deving as I have the tools to do so.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:47:01 AM by Nemesis »
w3rd

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 07:36:13 PM »
Slight delay due to my new cases not being shiped. I will be ordering the cases agian shortly.

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 03:32:57 PM »
 :dribble:

I want to apologize for the significant delay, unfortunitly COOLMODS.CO.UK never shipped my order. After placing my order they never received the invoice that is itemized, So they never knew what to ship. So i just refunded the money out of anger. Anyone know where I can get clear full case replacments instead of that site?

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »
You could get case replacement from dealextreme.com, but it will take about 2 weeks for you to get it. :wacko:

I can't wait to see your mod :victory:

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
permanent would be slick but what if the memory gets fried just imagin having to change it out maybe u should make 1 of both 1 for slim 1 for fat   :hifive:    :psp:

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
 :hifive: Clear full case replacments shippped.

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »
Received the case! I will be modding this using a FAT black psp and Fat clear case, going to my a dremel and start my work, I will not make a tutorial on how to disassemble the black PSP as may have done so already. But I will make one on assembling the PSP in a full clear case with the 30 GB's of memory. Expect in a couple weeks, might have to solder some wires also. -Merwizzle

Offline Thaiboy

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
why not just shave the insides of the back right side of the slim?(There's space there...)
(IN this case, bottom)

Is the harddrive as thick as....uhh how thick or big is it? :wacko:

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 01:56:30 AM »
that's not a bad idea. other modders remove the metal frame under the mobo for some extra room. if you could remove some of the plastic from there you might be able to fit it inside the case. (depending how big the unit is that is) and you be able to keep the umd. it would look alot cleaner that way.

Offline hdx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »
There is no way to put HDD and UMD in PSP Slim. Even 1,8" HDD is too big and it's hard to put it in PSP Fat. I think the future are big Memory Cards. Look.... there are some adapter which can be used with not expensive SDHC cards. 64GB? It's possible with MC's.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
Quit bumping this topic with post that dont make sense this guy is obviously just doing the sd mod there is no hdd HDX,and Thaiboy read the post and he said he will remover the umd drive. He said flash mem so its prob just an sd mod and he dosent know that it has been done before hes a guppy with 2 hrs online he has probably never seen the sd mod and dosent know that it is nothing new. I hate it when ppl have this huge big project and dont post ANY real info on it and NO PICS just to get attention i guess ehh this place just isn't geting any better 

Offline Thaiboy

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
I know he said that he was planning to remove the UMD Drive.
I'm saying that if it's a HDD mod, it might be possible to shave a little from the bottom, remove the UMD drive, and shave the part between the UMD slot and the bottom.
I was actually expecting more people to flame me. lol.
I'm glad some people are getting at what I'm saying.
@ folklord36, what happened to Kenshinffx?(in your sig)
Haven't been here in a while besides yesterday.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
@ folklord36, what happened to Kenshinffx?(in your sig)
Haven't been here in a while besides yesterday.

He was banned but dont talk about it anymore...

It happened like a month ago...

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »
from what i understand this person is using a flash rather than a HDD, which is smaller. if that is the case the he could remove that metal frame i mentioned and dremal some if the case away to give him area to mount it. i'll make a picture of what i mean in a sec. (working at the mo,  :cry2: )

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:59 AM »
So im in the navy and deployed on a ship. thought i would be able to use the dremel on the ship, however it was broken. Still underway, staring at my parts. Yes it is using flash, not to bad on the price.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 06:44:25 AM »
cool, well if you can fit the flash under the memory port then you could keep the umd drive. there's so much space there to fit most mods. a flash drive would fit there.

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
I had to use sandpaper to modifiy thee case and right now soldering is being done... Perhaps someone can help me with a web site as i would like to seperate the mod post from this forums and have a official site, but the internet is slower here while being on a ship, possible anyone has suggestions.

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »
Quit bumping this topic with post that dont make sense this guy is obviously just doing the sd mod there is no hdd HDX,and Thaiboy read the post and he said he will remover the umd drive. He said flash mem so its prob just an sd mod and he dosent know that it has been done before hes a guppy with 2 hrs online he has probably never seen the sd mod and dosent know that it is nothing new. I hate it when ppl have this huge big project and dont post ANY real info on it and NO PICS just to get attention i guess ehh this place just isn't geting any better 

You sir Fail. Learn to spell and PROVE your stuff more. Maybe running spell check might help. Who cares if it’s SD or HD its still 30 GB space, and you’re ALSO wrong, it’s definitely not SD memory. Maybe you should relax I am in the navy on the most active ship so I literally spend 3 months on shore of my year. So before flame spraying me shush and wait, I will bring what I promise, by the way I cannot just upload pictures on Government Pc's.
You said it has been done, SD MOD internally? Show me where please because I have not found this. Show me where they put 30 GB's via SD or flash memory. Ok thanks.

Notes to others, because its flash does not make it small, I found no way to get SD card working with 30 GBs in the PSP nothing more than 8 GB have been able to work with SD so I found only one flash type to work. But found another way; please be patient it will come soon. By all means link the forums where other people have made 30gbs internal via flash memory. I don’t tell details yet because I don’t want mimics while I am working on it slowly because of my always being at sea and lack of tools and resources, shipping which took 60 days to get the case. Also I never said I was using a hard drive as in my original post I said using flash memory, clearly.

Nemesis: If your gonna insult someone over their spelling and grammar then make sure your one is immaculate so you don't look like the fool.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:40:40 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 07:45:11 PM »
You sir Fail. Learn to spell and proof your stuff more. Maybe running spell check might help. Who cares if it’s SD or HD its still 30 GB space, and you’re ALSO wrong, it’s definitely not SD memory. Maybe you should relax I am in the navy on the most active ship so I literally spend 3 months on shore of my year. So before flame spraying me shush and wait, I will bring what I promise, by the way I cannot just upload pictures on Government Pc's.

You said it has been done, SD MOD internally? Show me where please because I have not found this. Show me where they put 30 GB's via SD or flash memory. Ok thanks.

Notes to others, because its flash does not make it small, I found no way to get SD card working with 30 GBs in the PSP nothing more than 8 GB have been able to work with SD so I found only one flash type to work. But found another way; please be patient it will come soon. By all means link the forums where other people have made 30gbs internal via flash memory. I don’t tell details yet because I don’t want mimics while I am working on it slowly because of my always being at sea and lack of tools and resources, shipping which took 60 days to get the case. Also I never said I was using a hard drive as in my original post I said using flash memory, clearly.

What the hell does spelling have to do with it now??

He is :censored:ing right. Sorry to tell you but this has been done using SD. So quit bumping this topic saying the same thing over and over.  Maybe after you have something to actually show you should bump.

God Damn.

Offline Merwizzle

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »
I searched yes and found it. My time is limited on here so I did not do full search. When I did a SD mod on another PSP i could not get it past 8GB's that was usable not to mention the amount of issues I had with the SD card failure.

Also think my mod will be easier than some I read about.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:27:06 PM by Merwizzle »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »
you want proof here is a link https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18616.0 to an SDHC adapter I installed witch can support up to 32 gb now where is your proof :taunt: ????? Man I really wish I could have read that post unedited............ Also I never "flamed" you only thing I said about you was that you dont have much time online and you probably didnt know about the SDHC mod witch are 2 facts as you just said you didnt know it supports 32gb so idk where you get off insulting me. Also my step dad is in the navy and when he was in Iraq he uploaded hundreds off pics and video from PCs on the ship why cant you? No one here will believe a word you say until we see pics or some kinda outline of your idea if you sensed any hostility in my last post it is simply because I HATE liars not saying you are one but it just kills me when you people make these super secret black book status projects that never get done or even say what it will be. Since you have such a busy schedule wouldn't it make sense to let others in on the project to get more testing and work done on it, is it really so important that you get all the credit and attention? Or is it that you are such a genius that your project couldn't possibly be comprehended by any one but you Im just quirious why you people do this if you are going to release it why hide it now, further more if you dont want to release it yet why make a huge topic about it and dangle it over our heads acting like you just got everything figured out and you have this great mod but we aren't good enough to know about it. I just dont understand your reasoning PLZZZZZZZZZ explain. I honestly could care less about this project as in a few weeks im getting an XM4 and the usb 2.0 daughter board to suppourt HDDs, second LCDs, all memory cards and touch screens anything you can imagine and program will be supported by this device so I hate to break it to you but your super project isnt so super consideing it will be dwarfed by the XM4 release. But in all seriousness good luck with your project and please prove me wrong but I dont see potential for anything great well I dont see anything at all here just a bunch talk about basics and ideas nothing concrete about your idea seriously this is psp modding nothing that should be hidden like this it kinda just sad............
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:08:47 PM by folklord36 »

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
you want proof here is a link https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18616.0 to an SDHC adapter I installed witch can support up to 32 gb now where is your proof taunt ????? Man I really wish I could have read that post unedited............ Also I never "flamed" you only thing I said about you was that you dont have much time online and you probably didnt know about the SDHC mod witch are 2 facts as you just said you didnt know it supports 32gb so idk where you get off insulting me. Also my step dad is in the navy and when he was in Iraq he uploaded hundreds off pics and video from PCs on the ship why cant you? No one here will believe a word you say until we see pics or some kinda outline of your idea if you sensed any hostility in my last post it is simply because I HATE liars not saying you are one but it just kills me when you people make these super secret black book status projects that never get done or even say what it will be. Since you have such a busy schedule wouldn't it make sense to let others in on the project to get more testing and work done on it, is it really so important that you get all the credit and attention? Or is it that you are such a genius that your project couldn't possibly be comprehended by any one but you Im just quirious why you people do this if you are going to release it why hide it now, further more if you dont want to release it yet why make a huge topic about it and dangle it over our heads acting like you just got everything figured out and you have this great mod but we aren't good enough to know about it. I just dont understand your reasoning PLZZZZZZZZZ explain.

OK just adding my 2 cents here, but I agree with folklord36 on this one... I just read the entire post and not a clue to what your trying to do here. I wish you success, but please provide some details or stop giving updates until your further along where you can show us something. By all means as almost anyone here will tell you, when and if you need something I'll be the first to offer help and that includes projects that are secret.

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal