Author Topic: STRIPPED SCREWS SUCK  (Read 1895 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
STRIPPED SCREWS SUCK
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »
i had a stripped screw on my psp and i didn't know wat to do  :dntknw: so i decided to play with it and i found a relatively easy fix and decided why not share this since it is a pain
wat i did is got my drill with the smallest bit i had idk wat size but i can get it soon and i just drilled it out till the only thing i could see was the bottom part of the screw but not damaging any part of the psp case then i pulled and twisted my fp till it popped off after that i took everything off like i would normally till i got to were the screw was sticking completely with nothing in the way then i took some pliers and pulled it out simple as that and ur case and all should be in perfect condition

Hope this helps out someone and if anyone wants pics to explain wat to do let me know

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: STRIPPED SCREWS SUCK
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »
I always like the melted pen method better but this works too.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »
hey everyones got there own way the super glued screw driver worked for me :tup: this idea sounds pretty good too :hifive:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline djnoor

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
I always like the melted pen method better but this works too.

What's the melted pen method? Anyways I did this a while back and I think I drilled to much so now I broken backplate, teh screw screws but doest stay attached...if you get what I mean..anyway to fix that? I was thinking maybe melt some plastic on there...
Sign removed due to being over the size of 500x200px

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:20:44 PM »
it's where you take the back of a cheap plastic pen (after you remove the ink) and melt it with a lighter (or some other pyro device) and put it on top of the stripped screw.  The melted plastic then cools and BAM! you have a nice new screwdriver to safely take out your striped screw.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »
I remember taking apart my first PSP and I had 2 stripped screws so i just ripped off the faceplate as hard as I can. Good thing nothing broke, only the faceplate cracked.

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »
same thing but i only had 1 screw and i just tore it off the faceplate but it didnt break

I remember taking apart my first PSP and I had 2 stripped screws so i just ripped off the faceplate as hard as I can. Good thing nothing broke, only the faceplate cracked.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 06:20:38 AM »
ya i would have done the super glue but i had a screw that was completely round no way that would have worked and this is a clear case so that would make it look bad

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
I used to have some left hand drill bits. Let me see if I can get some very tiny ones then the act of drilling a stripped screw would just unscrew it.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »
ohhh thanks maan it worked perfectly for me  :hifive: i traded my psp for another one but it had struck screws and ur idea worked perfectly
 :drunk: thanks

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
ohhh thanks maan it worked perfectly for me  :hifive: i traded my psp for another one but it had struck screws and ur idea worked perfectly
 :drunk: thanks
woooo some1 i have help

Offline JWhiteLightning

• BANNED
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Because Im CWN
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
Lol, my first time moding, not a psp, but an old nintendo game boy color i never used anymore, stripped some screws and couldnt get it apart. I ended up burning the thing. :tup: But yeah, i think with the psp the only reason i stripped screws the first time was because i thought if i pushed in hard enough, i would ruin the psp. The psp ended up being alot tougher than i thought it would be, i dont strip screws no more. :boxed:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal