Author Topic: Power light flashes once - PSP won't power on.  (Read 10140 times)

Offline wldworld

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Power light flashes once - PSP won't power on.
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »
When I attempt to turn it on the power LED flashes green for approximately 1/2s. Battery charges fine. Same symptom occurs when I attempt to power on the unit while plugged into A/C adapter (no battery). When I insert a Pandora battery, unit will flash green LED repeatedly on for 1/2s at (approximately) 1s intervals.

Any ideas?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: Power light flashes once - PSP won't power on.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
take your psp and put it in a cupboard for about two months, or the easier way, take it all appart completley, and keep touching the parts, this should remove any residual energy from the components, and then leave it for about 1 hour, after that put it all back together and turn it on with the ac adapter only and see what happens.

EDIT:
 :fear: i wont even repeat what you sent me in that pm, i told you to do that because when you remove the residual energy from the psp the flash that holds the settings which is usually the cause of the problem looses its memory, which then means it should reset your psp, you will have to enter the language nickname and time and all that stuff, but it should work.

i do not take kindly to the pm that you have just sent me, please revert from doing that.

Thanks

F@T3oYCG
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:05:30 PM by FaT3oYCG »
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
take your psp and put it in a cupboard for about two months, or the easier way, take it all appart completley, and keep touching the parts, this should remove any residual energy from the components, and then leave it for about 1 hour, after that put it all back together and turn it on with the ac adapter only and see what happens.

anyways are you saying take all the powerboard componants apart? that would mean having to desoler things.. or do u mean take the powerbaord off and touch that?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »
anyways are you saying take all the powerboard componants apart? that would mean having to desoler things.. or do u mean take the powerbaord off and touch that?

jut like take appart thr power board and mobo and wifi board, touching them should make the energy pass into you, but its a very small ammount then when you leave it for one hour it should reset the settings in the flash, i have done it before so i know it works.

and no i didnt mean desolder anything, just take it appart and touch it with your hand!

he sent me a very rude pm which i wasnt to happy about.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

VoX

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
Besides residue energy, There is a number of things that can cause the PSP to power on for half a second. While puting it back together after checking for residue energy make sure all the connections are in place

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
y does it always do that when u take it apart then does work when u put it back together i hate that  :dntknw:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
y does it always do that when u take it apart then does work when u put it back together i hate that  :dntknw:
yea the flash has reset a couple of times on me too before
and fatboy, wen u say take apart it sounds like ur... you know taking it apart lol, you should say taking it off =P

Offline wldworld

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »
FaT3oYCG, I apologize. I thought you were making a joke of my thread.

I'll try this tomorrow.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »
FaT3oYCG, I apologize. I thought you were making a joke of my thread.

I'll try this tomorrow.

no problem m8, sorry if i wasnt clear.

and to whoever asked why, it is because the flash that stores the settings needs power to remember, so by simply touching it and leaving it for about an hour it removes the residual energy, therefore the flash forgets, then you just enter the data again.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hackin the PSP since day 1!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
I advise you don't stand on a carpet or touch any balloons before you take it apart, static elictricity + PSP + bad!!
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal