Author Topic: 555 timer for rapid fire mod  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
555 timer for rapid fire mod
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
well i bought this 555 timer: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=555%20timer&source=15&SD=Y
and i used this guide: http://www.consolecustoms.net/auction/tutorials/360_dual_rapid_tutorial_new_8pin.pdf
im sure i wired everything perfectly together and i done it on a new wireless controller, but the timer seemed to get really really hot and would cause all the other buttons not to work, im not sure what supply voltage it needs and so do i need a resistor? if so which one?

thanks

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: 555 timer for rapid fire mod
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:22 PM »
it's not a regular 555 timer used in the tut it's a pic... same thing happend to me...

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »
so have you tried it yourself and it didnt work? i have been told many time that it does work, im just confused now, can anyone please just tell me if i can use a 555 timer or not for the rapid fire

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 12:06:29 AM »
to use the 555 timer you must use THIS TUT yes i did same thing happened to me no buttons would respond and the timer would become hot...

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 02:09:58 AM »
well ive been told that the reason the buttons didnt work and the timer got really hot was because the timer was using up all the power from the controller, also that a standard timer can't be used and its has to be "cmos 555 timer" that uses really low voltage

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
bump because i need to know this quickly...
i found this timer - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2707&&source=14&doy=29m6,
it needs minimum 2v power supply, i think the 360 controller supplies 3v seeing as it uses 2 AA 1.5v batteries to power it. now to stop the timer from sucking all the power, could i use a resistor? i found a resistor calculator and got these results -

is it right? the rapid fire and the controller work perfectly if i had this timer and put an 18 ohm resistor?

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 04:54:37 PM »
I'm 99% sure of what i am about to tell you...

the timer you have does not have the "rapid fire" hexidecimal code written on it so the only way without buying a pic would be to use the tut I already linked you to... if you are doing something similiar to the tut i showed you the resistors and capacitor vary the pulses per minute it will produce... :victory:

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »
well reason that i have been trying to do this with 555 timer is:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18587.0

Nope no programming required it is a simple time pulsing trust me. we designed the first one with actual software. That being said if all you wanted is rapid fire on the trigger we could write a program for a 8 pin chip.

The 555 timer is a pre programmed chip which cannot be altered. People use this to do the trigger rapid fire with the help of a NPN transistor creating like a switch that opens and closes with each pulse of the 555 timer. I have created a more advanced macro controller with software I wrote with a pic programmer. The diffreence with a 555 time and a chip you program your self is with the chip you program you can ajust the speed of fire eg ( 30 Ns ) rate of fire ( 3 round burst )...

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »
Quote from: system
Nope no programming required it is a simple time pulsing trust me. we designed the first one with actual software. That being said if all you wanted is rapid fire on the trigger we could write a program for a 8 pin chip.

Quote from: system
The 555 timer is a pre programmed chip which cannot be altered. People use this to do the trigger rapid fire with the help of a NPN transistor creating like a switch that opens and closes with each pulse of the 555 timer. I have created a more advanced macro controller with software I wrote with a pic programmer. The diffreence with a 555 time and a chip you program your self is with the chip you program you can ajust the speed of fire eg ( 30 Ns ) rate of fire ( 3 round burst )...

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »

so what your highlighting of what cyber said is that i need a transistor to do the mod? i dont understand what your trying to highlight?

EDIT: wired everything as shown in the console customs tut, but the trigger itself or the added button did not work at all, the trigger didnt even shoot normally, why is this? do i need a transistor to make it work?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:53:11 PM by Nemesis »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »
BUMP i really need to know this urgently i know its still on first page but i really need answers please

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 03:30:43 PM »
that kind of timer needs to use all the components that are listed in the tut including a transistor... so you can either buy all of those components or buy a preprogrammed timer or learn to push the button really fast :victory:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal