Author Topic: 360 Controller Mods I've done, 360 S, 360Duke, 3PS60 and Sinister  (Read 7349 times)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Hey all, new to this forum here but I post over at XS a good bit. Just wanted to show off some of the controller mods I've done and see what others in the community have to say about them. Thanks for looking and any feedback at all, links to the threads with most of the details of what all was done as well.

360 S-controller (No good finished pic since it was sold pretty much mid build)
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651537

360Duke (Still sort of a WIP) http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=632836

3PS60 http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=652308

Sinister http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=554324

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: 360 Controller Mods I've done, 360 S, 360Duke, 3PS60 and Sinister
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
ok well 1st welcome to AM
and i dont get what u did with these lol
the 1st pic idk
the 2nd pic looks like you changed the buttons with 360 buttons
and 3rd, ehh, what did you do to the controller lol?
unique tho xD

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:49:22 PM »
The very first one (no pic) is a Wired 360 controller stuffed into an S-controller shell.

The second one (first pic) is a Wireless 360 controller in a Duke shell.

The Third one is a Wired 360 controller stuffed into a PS3 shell.

The last one is about as SouthPaw as ya can get.

Click the links and have a look thru the threads to learn more about them, plenty more pics there as well that show what all was done. ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:51:53 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »
The very first one (no pic) is a Wired 360 controller stuffed into an S-controller shell.

The second one (first pic) is a Wireless 360 controller i a Duke shell.

The Third one is a Wired 360 controller stuffed into a PS3 shell.

The last one is about as SouthPaw as ya can get.

Click the links and have a look thru the threads to learn more about them, plenty more pics there as well that show what all was done. ;)

ohh lol
i get it now, i didnt look in the links
i'll go check em out now

about the last one tho, what buttons are you using?
and is that red stuff going to be there forever?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:54:59 PM by Talos »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:13:10 PM »
The buttons in the Sinister controller are the actual 360 controller buttons, just have a light coat of primer on them is all. As far as that actual controller goes (red stuff is glazing putty) it's going to look like that as long as the guy in Belgium that bought it keeps it that way. He wanted it as is so I never did get around to getting it painted up all nice and pretty like I wanted, but maybe one day I'll have at another one and do it up right like I wanted to on this one. It's technically the second one I made, the first one I actually did send off to be painted and it was ruined by the tool that did it, so I had to start all over on the shell part again.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »
ok ic
have you seen f00's controller?
his looks pretty good, he moved the buttons and he closed the area where they were, he didnt use any putty tho, maybe he painted, idk tho
great mods tho :hifive:

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:21 AM »
yup im working on a mod porbably gonna be great. :psp: :w00t:
hi:)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:44:15 AM »
ok ic
have you seen f00's controller?
his looks pretty good, he moved the buttons and he closed the area where they were, he didnt use any putty tho, maybe he painted, idk tho
great mods tho :hifive:

Yeah I've seen it, it's posted over at XS as well and some filler was used because paint isn't going to fill in a hole where the stick was. ;) I started on something similar to it awhile back but never decided to finish it.

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:05:53 AM »
Hey man welcome to AM. I really like XS an anyone from there is welcome on our forums. I found some really helpful research on the forum there.

I love the controller mods. Its nice to see someone making this the way they want them.  Its funny that someone else was thinking about doing the same mod as me. I actually put it off for ages as it seemed like it was going to be a pain to do.  It worked out nice in the end though. Although its already a bit battered. I wonder if that is how they where planing the real FPS controller to look.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:46 AM »
Thanks F00 f00, looking forward to seeing some of the in progress pics of your controller. I just didn't feel like getting into the mess of rebuilding the shell on my FPS one and really once I saw it could be done I lost most interest in finishing it, I'm after the 'proof of concept' challenge mostly. That Sinister controller was a right blast on it's own to rebuild and make look decent, but I may revisit the FPS controller one day and see what I come up with there, or mabye go the reverse of it and shoot for a more PS looking one since it's more of a challenge. I've actually got an FPS Master I've been planning on stuffing a 360 controller into as well, but I'll have to do something with the Triggers on that before that goes anywhere as they're pure crap and can break if ya look at them funny.

Check out my PS360 controller as well if you're into messing with any PS3 stuff, everyone hates the Guide button so feel free to as well, I'll get around to changing it sooner or later. ;)

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20350.new#new
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:22:45 AM by RDC »

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 06:32:57 AM »
Oh man, I am starting to think I actualy didnt take any picks of the build, I didnt really plan on posting it anywhere when I made it. I could open it up but is really not fun to put back together. I originaly planned it to have block conectors inside so dismantling would be easer, but in the end they didnt quite fit.
I know what you meen about the POC element but I am personly trying to stear myself away from that as I've found in the past Ive ended up making things I didnt really want just to see if I could. I try to stick to projects that I will use now, since I have less time to work on them.
You mentioned my controllers on XS, do you have a link? Id like to see what they think of it.
By the FPS Master do you mean the one that looks kind of like two guns stuck together? I remember it on llama a long time ago, some one posted a review and mentioned they had improved it, but never posted a follow up with the mods finished.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:25 AM »
Posted the link to the XS thread in your controller thread. ;)

Yeah the FPS Master is the one that looks like two gun handles. It's right awkward at first, but after ya get used to it the thing is kinda nice, not having to take any fingers or thumbs off of anything to use something else, so it's more keyboard like in a way. I saw that review on the Llamma site ages ago as well and gave up on it. You can swap out the analog stick for ones from an S-controller or 360 and improve that part of it a good deal and it's pretty easy to do, aside from that the Triggers need to be beefed up and then it's not such a bad controller really.

Don't worry about opening it back up for any pics, I've done a few controllers that are in that category as well that I wouldn't open back up even if they were on fire, that 3PS60 controller is one of them, thing is pretty jam packed. ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:49:15 AM by RDC »

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »
Posted the link to the XS thread in your controller thread. ;)

Yeah the FPS Master is the one that looks like two gun handles. It's right awkward at first, but after ya get used to it the thing is kinda nice, not having to take any fingers or thumbs off of anything to use something else, so it's more keyboard like in a way. I saw that review on the Llamma site ages ago as well and gave up on it. You can swap out the analog stick for ones from an S-controller or 360 and improve that part of it a good deal and it's pretty easy to do, aside from that the Triggers need to be beefed up and then it's not such a bad controller really.

Don't worry about opening it back up for any pics, I've done a few controllers that are in that category as well that I wouldn't open back up even if they were on fire, that 3PS60 controller is one of them, thing is pretty jam packed. ;)
WOW YOU GOT A 360 CONTROLLER TO FIT IN A PS3 SHELL? SO MANY PEOPLE ON BENHECK FOURMS SAID THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!

Good job with the 3rd pic to, Just got paint it, Did you use bondo to change up the button and stuff?
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »
WOW YOU GOT A 360 CONTROLLER TO FIT IN A PS3 SHELL? SO MANY PEOPLE ON BENHECK FOURMS SAID THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!

Good job with the 3rd pic to, Just got paint it, Did you use bondo to change up the button and stuff?
Twice now I've got one in there. ;)

On the Sinister controller I use plastic welder for filling in most of the gaps and it holds most plastics together like nothing else, really good stuff for use on a controller shell. Then it was a lot of glazing putty and sanding. The buttons are just sanded and have a light coat of primer on them is all. That controller is in Belgium now, guy wanted it and didn't care that it wasn't painted, so it'll never be 100% done, but sooner or later I plan to get around to making another one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal