Author Topic: Who else has hacked their wii yet?  (Read 8878 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Who else has hacked their wii yet?
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
I just hacked my wii last night because after seeing nintendo starting to block hacking attempts with their new updates I decided to take the plunge before it gets really hard to do it. It was really easy (easier then the psp for sure), it took literally two seconds. So right now I'm enjoying playing Wii64 and using the Regionfree hack.

but nevermind that, What I want to know is who else has already hacked their wii?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:51:03 AM by dslitemodder »

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: Who else has hacked their wii yet
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:28:18 AM »
What? how do you do that? pm me,
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Who else has hacked their wii yet?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »
Mario,

Check out the mini tut.  I basically covers everything you need to know.  You need (I assume you have a Wii),

1. A compatible Zelda:TP game
2. A SD card
3. The files loaded on your SD card

Insert SD card into the Wii, boot up Zelda:TP, talk to the nearby man...Screen will go black.  Press 1 to continue, press 1 again, and then once more.  The Wii should then reset.  When the Wii boots back up, you should have the homebrew channel.  But in order to use it you need to find the emulators and apps that can be used for the homebrew channel.  I'm not sure if I can discuss that here so I won't get into it.  Hope things work out.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:50:14 AM »
OR the even minier tut.

Modchip.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
there is a modchip-less hack for the wii.
check here lots of stuff emulators and all.
http://www.nes-hacks.com/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:26:00 PM by tapdisbong »

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:19 AM »
there is a modchip-less hack for the wii.
check here lots of stuff emulators and all.
http://www.nes-hacks.com/

Yeah, but modchip beats that hack at least one hundred times over..

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Yeah, but modchip beats that hack at least one hundred times over..
  so, maybe people want their warranty?

and how come all your posts are phailures?
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 08:25:17 AM »
  so, maybe people want their warranty?

and how come all your posts are phailures?

Just so you know, Soft modding it voids your warranty too  :rofl: , modifying the IOS code is hardly something nintendo is happy for you to do is it?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »
Just so you know, Soft modding it voids your warranty too  :rofl: , modifying the IOS code is hardly something nintendo is happy for you to do is it?
you could upgrade the firmware and its gone

LOL

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »
you could upgrade the firmware and its gone

LOL

LOL and with traces left in the IOS code, which any nintendo technition could easily see..

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »
they dont spend the time to check that, lol, they look at it for 2 secs and say "looks good to me" then they throw it in there stack of broken wii phailures

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 03:48:52 AM »
The only Wii 'phailures' are from people who performed bad installs.

As far as which is better: Neither.

Softmod: This is not really a polished  software. The original coder who crossed the line from homebrew to softmod stopped development way before finishing the code and there are known bugs. There are still problems with it and it is only a matter of time before Nintendo does something drastic enough to catch/disable the IOS hack using all new games to do it. As far as how safe it is, it is not. It only takes one time of someone (other than you) to update the system and it gets bricked.

Hardmod: This is safer in one respect since any updates do not effect the mod and the mod can easily be removed at any point to restore the system to its original state. But the level of difficulty for these is alot harder than most people imagine. Even the pictures are misleading as the pictures are closer than what you can see with the naked eye.

they dont spend the time to check that, lol, they look at it for 2 secs and say "looks good to me" then they throw it in there stack of broken wii phailures

I have read that Nintendo have have charged people a 'reapir fee' for bricked Wiis sent back through warantee. It is very easy to check, there is an actual Nintendo Service Bootdisk that boots the Wii outside of the firmware in order to get the system status and firmware revision. This is actually related to how the softmod works except the service disk is a pressed authorized media that that completely bypasses the firmware load as where the softmod needs the modified firmware in order to first 'boot'.

On the other hand, I have also read that someone actually sent thier Wii back to Nintendo for warrantee repair with the modchip still in it. Nintendo removed the chip and repaired the Wii and sent it back with a 'dont be naughty again' letter.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »
The only Wii 'phailures' are from people who performed bad installs.

As far as which is better: Neither.

Softmod: This is not really a polished  software. The original coder who crossed the line from homebrew to softmod stopped development way before finishing the code and there are known bugs. There are still problems with it and it is only a matter of time before Nintendo does something drastic enough to catch/disable the IOS hack using all new games to do it. As far as how safe it is, it is not. It only takes one time of someone (other than you) to update the system and it gets bricked.

Hardmod: This is safer in one respect since any updates do not effect the mod and the mod can easily be removed at any point to restore the system to its original state. But the level of difficulty for these is alot harder than most people imagine. Even the pictures are misleading as the pictures are closer than what you can see with the naked eye.

I have read that Nintendo have have charged people a 'reapir fee' for bricked Wiis sent back through warantee. It is very easy to check, there is an actual Nintendo Service Bootdisk that boots the Wii outside of the firmware in order to get the system status and firmware revision. This is actually related to how the softmod works except the service disk is a pressed authorized media that that completely bypasses the firmware load as where the softmod needs the modified firmware in order to first 'boot'.

On the other hand, I have also read that someone actually sent thier Wii back to Nintendo for warrantee repair with the modchip still in it. Nintendo removed the chip and repaired the Wii and sent it back with a 'dont be naughty again' letter.

Yeah I read about that on wiinewz.

The installs aren't actually too hard if you are equipped with a good iron, and a microscope. Granted the solder points are small.

Ever installed a d2ckey hazer?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
Ever installed a d2ckey hazer?

Nope. But I had to use the earlier '5 wire' points to interface my LCD to my Wii. If it were not for the homebrew scene, I would not have been able to be the first person who has an LCD that displays the game title on a LCD.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Curoudo Sutaraifu

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
has anyone tried both softmod and hardmod? i have a wiikey and the homebrew channel installed, and they work great together.  :victory:

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 01:14:15 AM »
has anyone tried both softmod and hardmod? i have a wiikey and the homebrew channel installed, and they work great together.  :victory:

Yeah, I think everyone that has a hardmod wii has.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal