Author Topic: I need some painting help...  (Read 2484 times)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
I need some painting help...
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
Alright. First off, I currently own a black psp phat, and I have had it since 2006. The faceplate and backplate are completely scratched, so I'm going to redo the whole thing. I plan on painting/airbrushing the backplate white, and buying a new white faceplate. I need some information on what paint to use, what kind of brush/airbrush to buy, and what I have to take apart. Thanks In advance for any help :tup:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline darkpulse

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: I need some painting help...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:42 AM »
Let me give u a word of advice, do not spray it white (past experience) :sadno: .

Offline plantboy8o8

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:50:37 AM »
Let me give u a word of advice, do not spray it white (past experience) :sadno: .

haha yea espically cuz its all scratched up. the scratches will show up even more!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »
Psssssh... I took none of your advice and went through with it anyways :laughing:! And it worked great  :taunt:!!! I dissassembled the psp, took off the trim/umd drive, taped up the inside so no paint got into any nooks or crannies, put on 3 coats of some krylon fusion paint (white), and voila!!! it worked like a charm!!  :tup: I'm awaiting shipment of a replacement metal ring, and and asterix brilliant white faceplate a.t.m.

before...

after...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:11:26 PM by alentris »

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal