Author Topic: PSP electronic Switch?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline limitedEdition

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP electronic Switch?
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »
Does anyone know where to get/how to make this?

I tried looking but couldn't find it anywhere  :help:

<object width="400" height="302">   <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />   <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />   <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=817910&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" />   <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=817910&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object>
Electronic Switch Mod from Shawn Ferris on Vimeo.

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: PSP electronic Switch?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »
The system uses a pic processor. It is programmed for a delay time to turn things on and off. It can control just one mod or it can control as many as you want.

You can build it yourself or you can buy the HIVE from AcidMods. This is just part of what the HIVE mod will do.

If you want to write the programming yourself then I can make you a small schematic on how to do it.

You will need a programmer to program the PIC processor.

Offline limitedEdition

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
I think I'll just buy it haha. I stopped by the acidmods shop but I couldn't find the HIVE chip. Think you could post a link?
Thanks!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:47:57 PM »
The system uses a pic processor. It is programmed for a delay time to turn things on and off. It can control just one mod or it can control as many as you want.

Correct me if i am wrong, but PICs have electrical limitations, I mean it depends on what mods you want to control (their power supply needings i mean), cause PICs can not drive infinite current from VCC pin or to GND pin but around 0.2 A in total and around 40mA on each GPIO pin. Of course this could be fixed adding some extra ICs i.e. operational amps. I am sure you already new this, just a clarification.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
I think I'll just buy it haha. I stopped by the acidmods shop but I couldn't find the HIVE chip. Think you could post a link?
Thanks!

If you just want it for electronic switches purposes you can buy almost any pic, just consider what i said, specially if you are planning to attached leds to the pic. Go to microchip and you can see what they have. Also as gr8npwrfl said you need a programmer, and basic programming skills.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline limitedEdition

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:00:13 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of using it to control an LED fader mod in one of my other posts. It seems more convenient for me to just buy one since I'm not that great at programming.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »
The Hive isn't out yet. That's why you didn't find it..

Offline limitedEdition

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
Oh.. haha well that'd do it no wonder.  :whoosh:

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
The Hive will be released very very soon.

If you look back in the listings a couple of pages you will see the talk about it.

VoX

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:29 PM »
KingMikeOS and those involved are currently testing the Hive board to see what it can REALLY do. They should be releasing it soon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal