Author Topic: replacing speaker on PSP Slim.  (Read 3977 times)

Offline red0151

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
replacing speaker on PSP Slim.
« on: July 11, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
Hi i managed to blow up the speakers inside my PSP lite when plaing snes9x.

Just wanted to know if someone could give me a small tutorial on how to replace them.

Will it involve soldering?  I was told that it can be done quite easily but im sceptical.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: replacing speaker on PSP Slim.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:46:27 PM »
It's very easy just take a look at the disassembly guide (https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13475.0) and it will tell you how to take your speakers out then you obviously just put the new ones in. But the 2nd speaker is in the d-pad so you'll have to pop it out but its not rocket science. Good luck ;)

Offline red0151

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »
Hi again everyone i received my new speakers to today and installed them, but still no sound ):    I can receive sound from the heaphones fine but not the speakers.

Can anyone come up with any other ideas that might be the problem other than the speakers being blown.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
check the speakers connectors they are kinda weird make sure they touch the motherboard just pull the connectors with a screwdrivers a bit then put them back.

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
check the speakers connectors they are kinda weird make sure they touch the motherboard just pull the connectors with a screwdrivers a bit then put them back.

Yeah try this first if that doesn't work then you've probably blown your fuse.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »
just to increase my knowledge where is the fuse located???

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
just to increase my knowledge where is the fuse located???
Back of the mobo

Offline red0151

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:00:00 AM »
I double checked the pins on the back of the speakers and they seem to be connecting fine.

How hard is to replace the fuse (Any Tutorials)? will it involve soldering? and are they expensive to buy?

Thanks for your help guys.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 04:07:35 AM »
I double checked the pins on the back of the speakers and they seem to be connecting fine.

How hard is to replace the fuse (Any Tutorials)? will it involve soldering? and are they expensive to buy?

Thanks for your help guys.

Its reasonably hard if your soldering, but if i did it can't be that hard  :tup:
You don't need to buy a new fuse you just have to bridge the one thats already there.
You do that by connecting both sides of the fuse with a piece of wire or you can just cover it in solder. So yes you will have to solder unless you have a conductive pen in which case you can just connect the two sides with a line.

Good luck hope this helps

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:26:47 PM by Sanctus »

VoX

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »
And also for your knowledge, There are other fuses on the PSP Slim/Phat, So if you have any other problems be sure to check if its the fuses

Offline red0151

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
Is there any chance you could show me what fuse to bridge and explain the process a little.

Its just that if i dont understand it properley i will not gamble with it.  I will have to take it to a repair shop and it will cost me around £45

Thanks

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »
Back of the mobo

Should check the posts on your thread ;D Your looking at the LB fuse which is circled
All you do(which I also told you) is get a small piece of wire and connect the two sides by soldering the wire on each metal contact.
There are other methods. As long as you do the main task which is to make current pass from one side to the other then thats okay.
just get both those metal contacts connecting in other words.
Hope this helps  :victory:

Offline lucas-

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the pic. solderet wire to my psps fuse. it was wery hard to do bekause tin didnt stick to the fuse only the other components around it. after hours of painful trying i managet to solder the fuse and clean the other components. Now its working perfecktly voice is clean and as loud as the new one. i recomended to use very thin headed soldering iron to do this repair. mine was as big as the fuse. sou thank you for the advises and sorry about my bad english spelling

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 08:55:17 PM »
Thanks for the pic. solderet wire to my psps fuse. it was wery hard to do bekause tin didnt stick to the fuse only the other components around it. after hours of painful trying i managet to solder the fuse and clean the other components. Now its working perfecktly voice is clean and as loud as the new one. i recomended to use very thin headed soldering iron to do this repair. mine was as big as the fuse. sou thank you for the advises and sorry about my bad english spelling

Yea it is quite hard. Just for the record my soldering iron tip is about 10 times the size of that fuse. xD

VoX

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:03 AM »
You could of just used a blob of solder to short it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal