Author Topic: Need help with Rumble mod.  (Read 944 times)

Offline Nero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need help with Rumble mod.
« on: July 13, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
Hey guys, i'm new here and i finally want to hardmod my PSP. Anyway i would like my PSP with Rumble and i cannot find any tutorials of how to do it (1 i found was just a diagram) but only videos that show it. Sorry if there are any maybe its cause i'm used to the navigation in other forums.

I know that i have to get the motors from mobile phones, i would like to use two (one on either side). However if i can't find any motors are there any sites that will sell them?

And can i just directly connect the motors to the speakers? What stuff will i need?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Nero.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: Need help with Rumble mod.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
as far as I know, if you connect the motors directly to the speakers,  you will get a constant rumble because the speakers always have power. Also the amount of rumble would depend on the volume of the speakers. Not a good way to go. Also, you may have trouble finding a place for the motor on the left side. The right side isn't a prkblem tho. As far as a tut, I dont know of one. The diagram should be enough. You just have to incorporate it In to the psp.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Nero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need help with Rumble mod.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:17:20 AM »
I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff as i don't really understand the diagram. If its useless to directly connect the motors to the speakers as there would be constant rumble, then what would i need so it only rumbles at certain sounds?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal