Author Topic: Fitting the nub :help: plz  (Read 3795 times)

Offline ReZiN_420

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Moding is not a hobby, it's a habit
Fitting the nub :help: plz
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
So I already have the razor wired and working, I want to know how to FIT it into my slim. Not how to use it or anything like that, just how to fit it into or under the faceplate. Thank you for any help to any1 with it.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Fitting the nub :help: plz
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
you didn't tell me in your pm that it was a slim psp that you were doing...
that sort-of changes things.  Have you tried shaving down the insides of the faceplate and removing the power plug? I think it should fit if you do both.

Offline ReZiN_420

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 03:44:39 AM »
Well im kinda talking to anthonyta(pretty nice guy) and he said I had to remove this also....

Without that my psp wont function properly....will it? :eyebrow: and then I lose the power source for the leds in my triggers and in my UMD door. Call me crazy but im 95% sure that port and ribbon that goes to it are needed....right? :wacko: As for your question yes, I have removed the power plug, have usb charge mod done, and shaved off that faceplate screw post and some of what held the power plug in place, and now aparently have to do an alternative power switch mod. But after doing all this I quickly relized this still did NOT give enough room for an internal second nub. What do you think that's_what_she_said? or well :censored: anyone else?!
I am a little slow to catch on but on the most part, can put 2 and 2 together, so bear with me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:21:15 AM by ReZiN_420 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:38:57 AM »
Without that my psp wont function properly....will it?
Do NOT get rid of that...You need that. Why the :censored: did he tell you to get rid of that?!?!?!?!?!

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »
thats the power board dude, thats what gets power to everything basically. without that youve got poop. there were some people using washers and rubber bands from braces a while ago. see if you can find that thread, they made it fit underneath everything
It's been a long time

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »
?? didn't nico take out the whole power board and just made and alternative power switch? thats what i read and saw so thats what i told this dude

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »
its not just the powerswitch, on the powerboard is the x [] ^ and o buttons, so even if you did it would be poo, the razor wouldnt be attached to anything, link me to the thread your talking about please
It's been a long time

Offline ReZiN_420

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:11 PM »
OK, so after relizing I might not have recieved the best info.(it's cool, other people quickly helped so no harm done) I think what made the best sence is to do the ultra thin razor x set up with rubber bands and squeeze it under the power board and everything else(basicly the faceplate) Although I wanted to have it some what like Nico's psp(https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=12655.0) I've set up my joystick the same way he has it in his video

But unlike him cant seem to fit it where he has it, due to the power board being totally in the way.....am I just doing it wrong? :dntknw:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »
Just so you know I needed to remove the Power Plug and the Power Board. The PSP turns on with the reed switch. This is a Razor nub fully under the faceplate.
maybe anthonyta was right, you do need to remove the powerboard

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »
You can't remove the powerboard...or you're gonna be playing on a paperweight o_O

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
don't look at me I'm not the one who said it. try asking Nico how he did it, maybe he will tell you.

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »
OK so yes you need to remove the power board, the charge plug and the plastic that holds the lower portion of the powerboard.

You know how to do the USB charge mod on the Phat? Do it to your slim this way you can charge you PSP when it’s turned off.

Also now that you have removed your power board you will need to get a reed switch and do the magnet mod, or relocate a push button switch and or wire the power to a face button (but I haven't done that so I can't tell you how).

Hey also looking at your picture of the razor.. You know that nub that sticks out of the bottom of the circuit. You need to sand that flush so that it does not stick past the circuit board

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
on that little connector thing that you soldered your second nub to. one of the pins is the power switch another ground and a hold. do this mod that i did to a phat psp using those points. simple dude. good luck

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=17803.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:05:13 AM by Nemesis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal