Author Topic: PusleVU and Relays  (Read 2160 times)

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
PusleVU and Relays
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
I like how the PulseVU chip has both fading and sound reactivity, but would it be possible to have 3 different options for it to control? 

i.e. When the ds is on the lights are sound reactive, when there is voltage through the relay, the lights fades, and when the ds is off it has no lights?

I'm not completely sure how the Pulsevu works :confused: as I have not yet purchased one.

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
Re: PusleVU and Relays
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »
Thats basically how I installed mine. Theres a reed switch that lets the ds know when its closed to go into standby, i connected the standby line on the pulseVU to that. Mine was a prototype so I am not sure if the new ones have that option but it worked exactly as you explained.

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
Thanks,
I'll buy a Pulsevu and try it out then  :hifive:

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »
I should say though that making the pulse lighting part work was a real pain. But it is doable. There may well be someone here who has found a simpler method for this. Or you could try the guys at sickmods, they where pretty helpfull when I did mine.

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »
Do you mean the calibration for the sound?

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »
No not really. Basically I had to add a few caps to th line between the speaker and the chip. I am guessing that it was due to noise. If you have access to an o'scope you may be able to find a better solution.

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
 :boxed: That sounds a bit complicated. I guess I'll take a look for how to set it up like I want before I purchase.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 07:15:14 PM »
Well, in all honesty i had a bit of trouble installing mine too, but i didn't use the reed switch, i used the screen backlight point.

Im not sure about on the prototype but on the release version of the VU2 there's a PO point. You connect this to a point that varies between 0v when off and 3.3v when on as long as it doesn't surpass your + input. But at the same time you dont have to do all that, only if you want the different modes when the console is on or off. Otherwise connect it to the ground.....but thats not half as fun ;)

If it helps heres my install tutorial, theres probably a much less primitive way of connecting up the positives on your LED's then i did but none of the points i found (and trust me i tried A LOT) could handle the forward voltage without messing with the screens or system as a whole. Also, please excuse the atrocious soldering, had a bad tip etc.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16264.0

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »
Thanks for the link to your tutorial :hifive: it will be a great help for when I install.
I think I will buy it tomorrow and mess around with it and just see what I can do :dntknw:
If all else fails, I'll just install it to a ground :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal