Author Topic: damn  (Read 1323 times)

Offline slash769

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
damn
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »
i was taking out my lcd.. i put it in and now i can barly see the screen... i  :censored: it up bad... the x button is jammed and everything is wrong.. o well im gunna get a new one

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: damn
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
What do you mean can barely see the screen ????

Is is dark or is the contrast really weak ?

The button being jammed is very easy to fix, you did not get the rubber back in the correct place so it folds and activates the button all the time.

Everything has its place and it has to go back exactly as it was or it works all screwy.

Look at the tutorials about disassembling the PSP. Pay very close attention to the position of things
before they come apart. Like I said they have to back together EXACTLY the way they came out.

When you take something as complex as this apart you have to examine everything carefully to see how it works.

Take your time, do not get frustrated.

Hey this stuff is supposed to be fun, learn from it.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »
What do you mean can barely see the screen ????

Is is dark or is the contrast really weak ?

The button being jammed is very easy to fix, you did not get the rubber back in the correct place so it folds and activates the button all the time.

Everything has its place and it has to go back exactly as it was or it works all screwy.

Look at the tutorials about disassembling the PSP. Pay very close attention to the position of things
before they come apart. Like I said they have to back together EXACTLY the way they came out.

When you take something as complex as this apart you have to examine everything carefully to see how it works.

Take your time, do not get frustrated.

Hey this stuff is supposed to be fun, learn from it.

Good advice.

As for your problem. It's probably either that you haven't got your back light ribbon cable it properly OR your fuse it blown.
It may be your screen, but it shouldn't be.

Offline slash769

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »
its the part that holds the small ribbon in.. the latch snaped but only on the side... it can pull out very easly... and the contrast is super low

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
Ok you have a bad connection that is why the contrast is low.

You can try cutting a piece of camera film negative and using that as a shim to make the connection tighter.

Cut it the width of the ribbon. Slide it in the back side of the ribbon ( the side without connections )
Plug the two in at the same time. That may be enough to make a tight connection and get your screen back and running again.

Some people use paper but it is not as stiff as the film and it can be frustrating trying to get them both plugged in at the same time.

If it brings your screen back then just put a touch of hot glue at the sides of the ribbon to keep it from shifting. The hot glue will hold it and yet if you need to take it apart again you can.

VoX

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 11:03:25 PM »
You can also use tape instead of Film Negative's

Offline slash769

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »
thanks ill try that.. but this flip that keeps it in snaped

i found a screen on ebay that doesnt have the ribbon that broke.. is it good http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=380047439834

if you cant see it its cuz i already bought it

1Sniper- please dont double post, just hit the button
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:00:42 AM by 1Sniper »

VoX

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:31:05 PM »
Don't double post, Use the edit button next time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal