Author Topic: help with new rapid fire method (no chip)  (Read 2426 times)

Offline xStang05

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with new rapid fire method (no chip)
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
Im about to try this mod and i need some help. i am new to this stuff but i jsut went and got the 30 gauge wrapping wire and the momentary switch. i wanna kno as much as possible b4 i do it so i dont mess up; can anyone post some tips, requirements or guidelines that have done this. plz and thanx

Offline Hoopdy

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: help with new rapid fire method (no chip)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
Just use the pic as reference found in the guide for doing the no-chip rapid fire mod. Just connect one strand of wire to first led on the guide button and the other strand of wire to the middle prong where the right trigger connects to the board.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »
use flux. it helps sooooooo much when soldering to the left side of the led, trust me dont try without it. also use a sharp pointed tip and make sure you dont touch the actual led but the left point the led is soldered to on the controller board

Offline xStang05

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
use flux. it helps sooooooo much when soldering to the left side of the led, trust me dont try without it. also use a sharp pointed tip and make sure you dont touch the actual led but the left point the led is soldered to on the controller board
whats flux?

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:45:23 PM »
Couple things. Im sure you already know this but your controller MUST be a wireless old style controller, AND this mod does not work with fresh batteries. Do you have any experience soldering? If not then this is NOT the mod to start with. You have to solder a hair sized wire onto a led that 3/10ths of a mm wide. As Nemesis said, flux, small tip, and dont touch the led, even for a second. It melts the led almost instantly. Tin your wire first, put the wire against the joint on left side of led, then apply the soldering iron to the wire to heat the existing solder on the LED, remove heat from wire and the wire should stay. FYI: Only works if your controller is linked to player 1. OH and best of luck!  :victory:
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:29:42 AM »
whats flux?

soldering paste, radioshack will have it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal