Author Topic: Kingmike !  (Read 1819 times)

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Kingmike !
« on: August 04, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »
hey i need to ask a few ? anyone have anyprobs with mikes new chips ? i ordered 2 and got them today 1 for new controllers and 1 for old just to play with them... the old works good nothing wrong got it on a wired controller i tryed the new one on a wireless and nothing also tryed it on the new wired. dunno its just dead.

all the solder was done right and yes thay was in the right controllers but nothing for the new .... at alll

Mike when you see this give me a call or email me let me know what you think

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Kingmike !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
what did you do to wire up the new one?

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
I just had the same problem installing the sleeper on an old style wireless controller. I emailed the problem to KingMike and he actually called me on the phone.

Now that's good customer support.

The problem ended up being the voltage. I was using fully charged battery packs. I tried an official MS and a Nyko recharge pack. When I tested the voltage with a multimeter at the positive and ground shown in this install

I was only reading .86 volts. Mike said that was no good. I pulled out the pack and tested it, it read 2.45 volts. So Mike told me to try regular batteries. I put in 2 AA rechargable batteries and the voltage read 2.46 at the solder points and the rapid fire worked great.

I want to keep using my recharge packs. So what I did is switched the positive and negative solder points from what is shown in the install diagram to what is in the pic below. Everythings working great.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »
the positive you used supplies 2.80v to the chip when the controller is off.

use the +v in this diagram, its switched so when controller is off the pic chip is off.

And heres the switched power install for the new cg controller.

THE DIAGRAMS ABOVE ARE ONLY FOR SLEEPER:
THE DIAGRAMS ABOVE HAVE BEEN TESTED TO WORK WITH AA PACKS AND RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:58:53 PM by gameroms »

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »
I had use the power and ground I posted in the second pic because I knew them off the top of my head and KingMike was on the phone, calling long distance, helping me trouble shoot the problem. I just needed the chip to get the 2+ volts coming from a recharge pack while I had him on the phone.

I had seen those power saver pics before. I was going to look those up again so I could switch the wires around and try the chip out. Thanks for posting them.

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »
fixed it. it was wired right just funny thing is when you hit the button nothing happens but when you hit the trigger bam rapid fire and you can turn it off with the button. no i did not wire it to be a sleeper just normal 1 button ill make a vid and show might be a new way.

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:10:13 PM »
fixed it. it was wired right just funny thing is when you hit the button nothing happens but when you hit the trigger bam rapid fire and you can turn it off with the button. no i did not wire it to be a sleeper just normal 1 button ill make a vid and show might be a new way.
naw.  That's how I did it, and I didn't know what was going on either.  Kingmike says that's how it's supposed to work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal