Author Topic: I have to say this......  (Read 2891 times)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
I have to say this......
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
I in no way mean any offence to anybody with this thread,but I really have to say this:

We are one acidMODS a MODDING site,all I see in the psp section is people asking QUESTIONS,STUPID QUESTIONS,QUESTIONS that could be answered with a simple search,most questions of which make no sense,what I'm getting at is...now i know this might sound weird....but.....we need to show-off alot more,i wanna see loads of people flooding the forums with mods that they did,no matter how big or how small,just mods,not asking loads of questions,just plain showing off.You may try to deny it,but thats what modding is for,showing off,and we want to see alot more of it,people feel that if they do a basic mod like led triggers that if they post it up they will get poked fun of and called a noob which is not the case.If you finish any psp mods,please post em up,show em off,take some pics,make a video,whatever,just show us your mods!!!!SHOW OFF but try not to be fat headed,but for <insert religious character of importance here>'s sake JUST SHOW OFF!!!!!
thanks,
ryan0
Derp.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
Re: I have to say this......
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
k, well nothing offensive really

interesting point, i hope many take it into consideration

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »
Agreed. I'm tired of people asking SO many questions that are already answered. Like that person asking about the touch screen still in the PSP section. Gr8npwrfl's thread explaining it is RIGHT THERE yet he still asks stupid questions about it.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
exactly,for christ sake will people just think about it before they ask a question,just put a little thought into it,then MAYBE ask a question,99% of posts in psp (dont correct me,cos i honestly don't care) are dumbass questions that are stupid or have alrady been answered and using the search would find the answer,MOD 1ST....ASK QUESTIONS LATER
Derp.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 01:26:59 PM »
MOD 1ST....ASK QUESTIONS LATER
That's what I do, and you don't see me asking stupid questions all the time :taunt:

Also, take a quick look at the 360 section right now and tell me just how much this topic pertains to that board.

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »
exactly,for christ sake will people just think about it before they ask a question,just put a little thought into it,then MAYBE ask a question,99% of posts in psp (dont correct me,cos i honestly don't care) are dumbass questions that are stupid or have alrady been answered and using the search would find the answer,MOD 1ST....ASK QUESTIONS LATER

Here is what I have to say, most of the people on this site are young, like under the age 15. Most don't or have not used a smf forum much to learn its correct functions. Yes so many question topics but that's what we are here for, to help with modding and create mods, not just to show off. Now, I'm off to weld my car.

VoX

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »
I'm 14 (13 when I got here), I've been using SMF since I was 10, The first the post I made here was a justified question, a good one too. I had searched for an answer on this site and the next but to no avail. After making sure a second time I posted the question, Which can be seen here: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=17966.msg134979#msg134979. The second topic I made was a mod I was currently completing. I don't know too many new members that can say the same as I've said. All I see is a bunch of questions that where answered by the exact same topic below them. These questions are really annoying me sometimes like they do with Ryan0, We have to enforce some kind of penalty to stop them and teach them to use the search button.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:09:42 PM »
or make it so they HAVE to read a FAQ page explaining all the most common questions before they are even able to post.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 04:17:45 PM »
yes i also agree. especially with kicks. There are soooooo many people asking dumb ass question on the 360 board.

also the psp board is annoying the crap out of me. the most annoying thing is the hdd mod can i hook up a hdd to the usb NOOOO i want to kill someone when i see that question lol
also when people ask is this -- What is an easy mod for me?
there is a thread of it now...

Also the last thing i was told by the great 4dP -- "if all you do is ask you wont learn...."

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »
ummm most people mod now and ask questions later

most are in the middle of a mod when they ask one for help

the stupid thing is people say use the search button when someone asks a question, and when they do search, they find an old topic, the old topic will either

a) Have people flaming the original poster or reporting them telling them to use the search function

b) be only partially answered, and so they reply to the topic, asking a smaller question within it, and they get flamed or reported

Sure sometimes there is spam etc, in that case the argument is justified but if newbs cant check old topics.....and they cant create new ones wtf are they supposed to do? And furthermore skull provides a point....some people dont have a strong electronics background, if someone does say 10th grade maths, and the dont know about say differetiation, they ask a qeustion, if the next year someone else asks is the teacher really going to say "SHUT THE HELL UP AND LOOK IN YOUR BOOK, I HAVE ANSWERED THIS BEFORE TO ANOTHER STUDENT!!!!"

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND LOOK IN YOUR BOOK, I HAVE ANSWERED THIS BEFORE TO ANOTHER STUDENT!!!!"
'

That proves the whole point, thanks timmy

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
"SHUT THE HELL UP AND LOOK IN YOUR BOOK, I HAVE ANSWERED THIS BEFORE TO ANOTHER STUDENT!!!!"
Oh.My.God. I would LOL SO FREAKIN' HARD if some teacher told me that!!

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »
Oh.My.God. I would LOL SO FREAKIN' HARD if some teacher told me that!!

maybe if they were hungover lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
Still, it would be pretty funny.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »
Still, it would be pretty funny.

trust me i wasn't doubting that, i would LOVE to here a teacher say that  :laughing:

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 10:31:35 AM »
I agree with timmy

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
PM them a link to the original and local mods need to delete anythign pre-answered, Stupid etc they were given power so theyre judgement should be good ... Take no :censored: !

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
how about we make a section called "post your stupid questions here and leave the hardmodders alone" or "ask all pre-answered questions here"
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal