Author Topic: Need help with XBOX 360 controller rapid fire and led mods.  (Read 5107 times)

Offline thenatten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need help with XBOX 360 controller rapid fire and led mods.
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »
I have a halo themed xbox, and the controller that came with it (Wireless). I want to rapid fire mod it and to maybe install a few leds here and there. I need somre help with putting this stuff together.

I need someone who can sell me one of those mod chips, or who can tell me how to make one or anything. i mean, im going to go out to napa tomarrow and get a screwdriver to open the back. I need the tamper proof toolkit. If anyone knows where to get one, please help me out.

Also, my father is an electritian soo he has LEDs but i need to know how to put them on. Like where to soder or w/e

Also, i need to know where to get a sodering iron, or how much they usually go for.

Thank you.

B.T.W.- Im not completly new to modding. i modded my old psp and put all kinds of cool :censored: on it. = )

Offline thenatten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need help with XBOX 360 controller rapid fire and led mods.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »
bump

Offline CPU3333

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »
I dont know if you already got a modchip for your controller but you dont need one.  All you need is a momentary push button two wires and a soldering iron.
all the people trying to sell "official rapidfire modchips" is just a bunch of bs.  I succcessfully made a working rapid fire button by soldering one wire to the middle trigger pin and the other on the bottom solder of the player one LED.  The way this works is the LED lights work by using quick pulses to light them, all you essenially do is use the pulses to make the trigger shoot very fast.

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
@ thenatten

You can get a modchip from mikes shop which is the banner on the side of the forum is the link to it. Also depends on what sort of led mods you want. Do you want to change the Ring of light to a different color,or make the buttons glow,ect.

For ring of light mod you can go to uniqueleds.com and g oto smd 0603 leds adn any of those will work. If you want the buttons to light up im not exactly sure because ive never done the buttons before but you probably use 3mm leds which you could also get from uniqueleds.com.

@CPU3333

Although that way does work, and I have done it to a few controllers succesfully myself, but you can only do it to tp19 board style controllers which I know most of, if not all, of those halo edition controllers are not. Plus that way doesnt shoot quite as fast and doesn't give the increased accuracy like the mod chip ones do. It is way way cheaper though and you can do it for about 1$-3$
It just depends on if you have that style controller board or not

Offline outlaw

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0

Offline pm666drummer

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
get a RF kit from Mike (acidmods' shop); as for a soldering iron, you can get a good one at radioshack for like 20 bucks. any 12w-15w soldering iron will do though.
WNxh3av3nlyk1n9
xbox live: WNxheaven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal