Author Topic: Start Button PCB Mod????????  (Read 1952 times)

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
Start Button PCB Mod????????
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:59:02 AM »
Is there a way i can mod the start button pcb so that i can position the buttons in anyway i want to, just by cutting and reattaching to the original pcb circuit, leaving the connector in tact?? because ive done the flip mod to my psp i need to position the start pcb in a different place and theres nowhere really to put it because its so long, i want to make the buttons into a circle and move it to the backplate just behind the memory card board. I was thinking that i shud be abel to cut the buttons out and solder kynar wire from point to point, would this work, please help thanks

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: Start Button PCB Mod????????
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10:49 AM »
you can see the pinouts here

thx to blizzrad for the pic

if you just solder tactile switches to the ground and for example the start, then you've got a new start button

thesame for ground and home etc.. etc.. etc..

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline JWhiteLightning

• BANNED
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Because Im CWN
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
You can do this with coding, im not sure if this is right, but here we go:

Code: [Select]
#include <pspctrl.h>
#include <pspkernel.h>
#include <pspdebug.h>

int main() {
sceCtrlData pad;
if(buttons.pad & PSP_CTRL_CROSS)
(buttons.pad & PSP_CTRL_CIRCLE)

Yeah, Its kinda wierd, cause it is not really a program, but you could probably change the
firmware a little. I think just doing a hardware mod would be easier, unless your really good
at C.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
BUT the pinouts are 2 small the holes are really small i dont know how blizzard did it i used 30 gauge wire an it didnt even fit an im pretty sure he didnt drill the holes first

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »
BUT the pinouts are 2 small the holes are really small i dont know how blizzard did it i used 30 gauge wire an it didnt even fit an im pretty sure he didnt drill the holes first

that is where soldering wires to the pcb is used

you can solder them into the holes

or scratch away some of the protective plastic and then solder them onto the traces

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »

I have noticed this as well, some versions of the powerboard have tighter VIAs than others, so in this case 30 awg wire will not be able to fit unless you shave it down a little. Going through the VIAs is only really useful for situations where it allows you to keep the wiring under the board. The homebar points require going over the top anyway, so the method DubbleDutch described is the best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal